BAFFLED!?..Red Oil Light flashing oddly Help!

Jem5120VT

Cuprasufferer
Mar 6, 2016
NW London
Hiya All, New to the forum..
I have read through a number of posts, and it has unerved me, however its not the same issue although problem solution could be the same.

Friday I picked up the car after being in garage since 29th feb having most of the usual 51 plate seat leon cupra 20Vt issues sorted.

One thing they did do was change the dipstick tube..It had a full service, filters oil, change ect..so I drove home fairly low revs bit of traffic..no issues, stonked it a few times..nothing out the ordinary although I noticed no loud car engine start, then calms down sounds like a boiling kettle... I thought for how long it takes usually to settle (4/5mins), maybe something was fixed timing wise..car ran fine, engine sound... later next day..cold temperatures.. ran up sounded like crackling (arking or clicking literally was there and then fine, sounded like air/liquidy escaping from a diaphram of some sort,) after completely fine so thought fine to drive..until 4miles after playing, red oil light, oil pressure lamp started flashing and beeping...I stopped as I know before when I have been low on oil, it has been a red oil lamp steady red.. so I checked the oil fine checked for anything visable that could of come loose or hose ect..nothing..checked under car for any visable leak type pattern.. Nothing..as I was close to home thought drive back as engine was completely normal sounding and feeling....I checked online and I had none of the issues, that it could be that were obvious...could still be sump or pump as they may not of cleaned it on service..but engine fine no drop in revs or power, turbo whoosh as normal..I noticed I changed down n then up..light went off..raced a bit and seemd ok.. went down a hill and slowed and agian flashed and beeped.. so took it steady it stayed on all the way home..I thought sensor issue, however I stuck code reader on and no codes and no oil light, I did notice oil is a bit more but on the max mark on dipstick, weary of turning car on, I did and ran up only no real priming turbo noise..no louder engine no rounded engine noisey it did go quieter then clicky, so I decided ad no warning was on and no codes, see what revs do when it reaches temp.. revs maintaind only dropping a tiny smidge, engine sounding bit like alternatory clicking..belts going round.. no oil light, so revd a bit to see if it would make a difference..no light..no engine drama, 15mins left idle probably middle way on the temp gauge..outside air temp supposed 6.5c it stayed like that for a few mins outside temp on car said 6.5 even after sun came out and must of increased the outside air temp. No change on car, I was about to walk away and after 15/17mins..it started to splutter..to sound to stall..I turned car off just incase..no oil light... sorry for essay but thought detail might help diagnosis...before I take it back to garage.. What do you all think?..could be switch but can't be now it wobbles..I wouldn't if thought they would service without checking coil packs and sump n pump cleans.. Help..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
You would be better posting this in the relevant Leon section, this one is for problems with the forum itself. I'm sure someone there will be able to offer advice.

Jem5120VT

Cuprasufferer
Mar 6, 2016
NW London
Ahh... Sorry about that, bit new to the forum thing.. wasn't sure what heading to go under..when it said subforum.. thought some may call me an idot but re-direct me.. ..Thank you and so sorry..
Jem

Jem5120VT

Cuprasufferer
Mar 6, 2016
NW London
For anyone reading and curious, garage has checked the sump and oil pickup and a good look round and at some point in it life looks like its had the wrong oil and its like tar..they are going to take some thing rocker cover off as its go hydraulic somethings that may of been effected..any explanation for what they mean by the last part would be great..but at least there is a solution..

pedro1989

May 2, 2014
Bridgend, South Wales
These engines are very common for sludge issues (mostly due to service intervals initially being too long).

Reason for your flashing oil light is oil pressure, lucky you got away with driving it :) Fingers crossed no further damage has been done

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.