bailey dump valve

paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
i currently have a 007 forge dump valve but was wondering if anyone is actually using a baileys dump valve, been given one off a friend an want to no if worth fitting to my lcr, i have did a search an am i right in reading that the only fault that comes up is says vacum loss on fault code. who is using this dump valve an is your car running ok. an yes i have done a search just want to see peoples opinions on these valves.

thanks for any input :)

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
hey paul, hope your well. There was a thread about four pages long about it, probably on this or the next page which has alot of info on all there it to know. Short of the long is that it will give more audiable noise when dumping but probably wont benifit much over the 007p. Trouble is, as you well know, guaging something by 'opinions' on scn is a mine field at the best of times. Are you up for sovag on the 6th? I'll definitely be going, as is ed and a few others on here.

p.s. my beast is up for sale now so if you know anyone interested...

paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
do you have the page ollie, cant find it, i am coming to the hampshire meet, which one are you on about an is it a monday, i ,may come mate, was thinking benafit would be dont have all those hpt gases going back into turbo as people say its not good to put hot air into it, just want to see if any good, when you going, depending on my route may meet up with you if want, how you doin anyway?

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
are you on about the bailey dv30? which is recirc anyway? i'm guessing your referring to a different dv which is atmospheric? if so the thread i was on about doesnt apply. all i can say is... dont get an atmospheric valve! it really will mess about with your fuelling and when you think about it, the turbo has to put up with exhaust gasses so a bit of heat from the intake wont make much difference. The meet i'm talking about is the big VAG meet in southampton, not the 'hampshire saeat group' thing. yeh its a monday. I'm not bad mate. bit gutted to be getting rid of the leon bunt needs must... just had my for sale thread apporved so i'm goin to go check it out.

paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
i should be up for it mate, trying to get wheels referbed but might wait till after the meet, how many people going, i may come down, its 40 -50 miles each way for me so as long as free that mon i will defo come, its a atmosphere one yeah, seen a few ibizas with them on an wanted to see what would be like on my leon, will give it a miss till find out if anyones actually running on without problems cause i read the only problem gave was a code for vacum losses.

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
thats fair enough mate. its not so much the fault codes, but the long term issues. But yeah people do definitely get away with them! This sovag thing is always worth a butchers, the last one i made it to was in really poor weather but there was probably atleast 60 cars, much busier in the summer now and they had to move to a bigger car park!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members