Barlow Motors Wolverhampton

cochefantastico

I’m meant to have picked up my brand new 02 Seat Leon Cupra from Barlow Motors at 10 am today, but they phoned me yesterday at 5pm to say that there was an immobiliser problem with my car and they couldn’t release it to me. They couldn’t say what the fault was or give me an estimated time of a fix. I got more info at 6pm: The car had passed its PDI, but when they came to fill it with petrol on Friday there was an intermittent fault with the immobiliser. They have taken parts of the dash board from another Leon in the showroom to avoid a 3 day delivery wait, but the new parts require the immobiliser to be reprogrammed, using a code that they have to get from Seat in Spain – who have gone home for the weekend. I have been to Barlow’s today to check that the car does exist and is being worked on – that checked out fine. Barlow’s said that they ‘hope’ to have the car reprogrammed and put back together by 11 am Monday, but couldn’t be confident that the car would pass the test again. Problems happen, but the timing of this one is not good. It has soured the joy of buying my first new car – before I’ve even taken delivery of it. I am worried how long things will go on for, and the quality of the Leon I end up with. I don’t have an opinion on Barlow’s yet. But of course I’m disappointed that this situation has happened. I will keep you posted of how Barlow’s help, good or bad, gets me through this. If anyone else has some constructive thoughts I’d appreciate them.

cochefantastico

Barlow Motors - Well Done

Well I collected my Leon today at 4:30pm. I have done 25 miles in it and everything seems fine. Barlow Motors had bust a gut in order to get the problem sorted. Once they got the code this morning, it took 2 attempts to re-program the immobiliser. After the first attempt the immobiliser shuts down completely for 3 hours, and needs the code programming a second time. Barlows tested the car thoroughly before hand over. I also get the impression that they have been on my side when dealing with Seat UK; because they have offered me a free set of mud flaps, supplied and fitted (cost approx £95), as a good will gesture.
I'm very impressed by Barlows efforts, despite my moaning at them, and feel confident in them as a garage for future service.

cochefantastico

Well Done

:D The Mud Flaps are on. Have now done 600 miles everything is great.

cochefantastico

:cheers: Cheers M8. I nearly bought a Black Mgic car, as I think they look fantastic, however the Bread Knife wouldnt let me. I'm still impressed with the Leon, especially as I have completed the 1000mile run in and am begining to engage cupra warp drive!!!

All the best

Brian27

Missed this one!

Glad all is sorted.

Magic Black v Bread Knife? Hmmmmm, bread knife the bread knife! IMHO. ;) :p ;)

:cheers:

BTW - "Black flaps" are £55 fitted, not £95, but hey, if they were free, then who cares!

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
bought my car from there and salesman, Terence, was very good and happy to haggle over price.

First service was good and no issues.
Was going to do 40k service with them, but they charge £60 more than LC Charles in crewe so went there, and it is nearer to home.

Oct 31, 2006
Lichfield, Staffs
I've just booked my 10k service at Barlow after reading some positive comments on the forum about them. Quoted £cheaper than the next nearest SEAT dealer for the service and I'm assured I can wait with the car as it will take about an hour and a half - not bad! :D.

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Just signed the deal to collect my FR TDi today, salesman was very straight and honest allowed me alot of time to go over the car and all the service books reciepts etc, filled in the report for the prep sheet 100% with every minor thing (including a refurb for the curbing on the alloys)

Gave me a really good deal, as well, so far so good :D

I'll keep you posted until i pick it up this time next week.

tombarnsley

has ne1 else had probs with the dealer.

It took me 18 mnths of them dodging me for me to get them to replace a faulty alloy wheel as agreed at time of sale.

My car has a weird starting problem (AA reckon its timing belt related) having waited 3 weeks for Barlows to accept it in and then over 4 weeks for the repair to take place the car now seems to be misfiring and sounding rough.

Can anyone recomend a dealer in the west mids / stafford area who are ok.

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
has ne1 else had probs with the dealer.

It took me 18 mnths of them dodging me for me to get them to replace a faulty alloy wheel as agreed at time of sale.

My car has a weird starting problem (AA reckon its timing belt related) having waited 3 weeks for Barlows to accept it in and then over 4 weeks for the repair to take place the car now seems to be misfiring and sounding rough.

Can anyone recomend a dealer in the west mids / stafford area who are ok.

ive got one pending but considering the reaction of the guy i spoke to on the phone they are talking about me sending them the bill and they'll send me a cheque to cover it (or most of it), would actually be worth while seeing if they do do it afterall this. Having said that the total bill which i would send them wont come anywhere near what a new alloy would cost. I'm due a 4wheel alignment and a new tyre for the back left. Total bill of £135.

Typical stealer, whilst under warrenty wont fix anything unless they have to. I think that you will have to drive down their and put them on the spot. The last thing i would imagine they'd want in this day and age is for somebody to be making a "scence".

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
tbh mate, as much as i got a result outta them (gave me 2 new tyres) i was nothing short of a fight from the word go and probably the worst experiance ive had. I had another member recommend going to kidderminster i think it was as it wasnt that much further to go. If you dont mind the extra few miles do it.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.