Batteries for keys.

Oceansplasher

Mar 1, 2016
Hi Guys,

Sorry to ask this question AGAIN!! But can you advise the correct battery for the key fobs for mk3 Leon. Also, which in your experiences are the best manufacture of battery. I know there was a post on this not long ago but cant find it. You can just link it on here if you want to. Appreciate it.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
You need a CR2025
No need for a manufacturer really, batteries are batteries

I have to disagree that 'batteries are batteries' seem to remember that several members have used unbranded or batteries from a dubious source and they either didn't work or only lasted a short time. I would recommend GP (which I swear by), Duracell, Sony or Panasonic brands, don't buy from a market stall (lots of fakes). I generally buy from eBay sellers with good feedback and never had a problem.

Oceansplasher

Mar 1, 2016
I ended up getting 2 Duracell CR2025 from Amazon seller for £1.75 a pair and swapped both keys over to new batteries at same time. Now all sorted. no issues. Dead easy to do. Crazily, I had cause to call in to my local Stealer and there was a sign on the assistants desk saying key fob battery change £10 each!!!! Crazy. Just crazy!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members