Battery and Engine Covers

Trapper

Jul 1, 2005
West Sussex
Hi All

Has anyone actually done this mod yet. I am having great trouble getting the ECU cover.

I have had several covers from both Seat & Audi but none of them fit.:think:

Last edited:

Trapper

Jul 1, 2005
West Sussex
Hi All :cry:

Well I again went to pick up the ECU cover from Audi (very helpful people) The part number that's on this forum. It's not the correct bit.

It now makes me think that Seat are using a different ECU cover & box it sits in.

If anyone can take this further please be my guest, I have been trying for months to finish this modification off. I now give up!!!!!! [:@]

SORRY! :confused:

mcdonald

These covers are really needed, especially the one that covers the battery.

Last week I had a look under the hood and found lots of snow on the battery. The positive pole was covered, the negative pole wasn't covered.
Have ordered the covers from Germany (Autohaus Plaschka KG) last Monday.

It's a shame that Seat doesn't deliver the Exeo with these covers fitted by default.

Dark Andrew

Jan 25, 2011
Just wondered if anyone has managed to get a full set of covers including something for the ECU (especially as I've read a couple of posts about water getting into the ECU box and mucking things up).

Trapper

Jul 1, 2005
West Sussex
Hi All

Still not managed to get the ECU cover. A very nice man at my local Audi ordered most of the covers on there computer system but none of them matched the fixing for the one on the Exeo.

Still looking to get a cover to fit.

I have just taken delivery of an SE Tech & have transfered the cover over to the new car.

regards Trapper

mcdonald

Be aware what type of cover you order (item 3, 8E0103927D01C).
It has to be secured against the coolant expansion tank with a bolt.
I ordered the cover with pn. 8E0103927F but this can't be secured against the coolant tank as it should be.
The issue is that the coolant tank differs per engine.

Normally its secured like is illustrated below:
picture.php

Unforntunately my tank looks like this:
attachment.php

I've also installed a rubber gasket (8E0823731B) around the engine compartment to prevent dust/sand entering the engine:
1.JPG

Note: the above images are not from my car but from a German forum (http://www.seatforum.de/forum/showthread.php?t=59377)

Dark Andrew

Jan 25, 2011
"I've also installed a rubber gasket (8E0823731B) around the engine compartment" - thanks I hadn't even considered that one, is that an Audi part no. or a SEAT one? It doesn't exactly fill you with confidence that SEAT have skimped with things like this, it makes you wonder what else they've done to shave off the odd euro here and there.

By the way, the ECU cover in the picture above seems to fit OK, is that because it's the petrol engine with a different ECU? I wonder if it would be possible to keep the original ECU box and take a hacksaw to an Audi ECU cover so that it can be attached to the main skuttle cover with black silicon sealent or somthing similar and extends over the original box?

Last edited:

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
I have to admit, I've never actually got round to buying the covers to be honest! :lol:

However, I'm liking the 'dust seal', had a similair thing on my Leon, and it was brilliant at keeping the engine bay dust free. Will have to enquire if it's available through Seat, or Audi only.....

Dark Andrew

Jan 25, 2011
... and here's another one for you, don't some A4s come with wadding on the underside of the bonnet? Opinion seems to be split as to whether this is for sound insulation or to protect the paint on the bonnet from the heat of the engine.

mcdonald

thanks I hadn't even considered that one, is that an Audi part no. or a SEAT one?

By the way, the ECU cover in the picture above seems to fit OK, is that because it's the petrol engine with a different ECU? I wonder if it would be possible to keep the original ECU box and take a hacksaw to an Audi ECU cover so that it can be attached to the main skuttle cover with black silicon sealent or somthing similar and extends over the original box?
It's an Audi part no. and it's easy to install.

The covers for the ECU and battery fits no matter the type of engine.
It only the cover around the washer fluid reservoir the can give some problems with securing it.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.