Battery and Engine Covers

Exeo Rog

Dec 24, 2010
Just to add my two penny worth. My last car was a Passat B5.5 with a full set of covers as standard. Unfortunately they didn't keep the water out - I part-exed the car partly due to water in the passenger footwell and the electrics going crazy when it rained:(

I was surprised to see only the small cover over over the pollen filter on the Exeo, however it may be a blessing in disguise. I am am now able to keep an eye on leaves and any blockages. There was a particular place, in the Passat, where a muddy deposit would build up and prevent rainwater draining away. Due to the covers being in place, this didn't get cleaned out as often as it should (out of sight, out of mind)

Dark Andrew

Jan 25, 2011
A friend of mine has a 2 year old A6 which he bought from a main dealer about a month ago, we had a look under his scuttle cover today (they too have the double firewall design) and found it full of leaves and other vegitation, so it would appear to be quite a common problem.

Dark Andrew

Jan 25, 2011
Can anybody think of a reason (other than cost cutting) why SEAT chose not to fit the engine bay gasket? All I can think of is that maybe when driving at speed it channels rain around the side of the engine bay and up into the plenum between the two bulkheads. In which case I'd guess that the lesser of two evils would be for the rain to go Into the engine bay and out through the bottom onto the road underneath.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
They were in stock at my local Audi dealer, cost me £20 for the 2 scuttle covers. Looks way better.

Picture213-1.jpg

mcdonald

Are you looking at the ECU directly???
The ECU should be placed in a plastic with a cover.

ETKA gives the following:
- Cover water box (rhd) : 8E1 907 613 E <-- E marks the rhd
See for a lhd illustration here or here (item 2).

Further you need a couple of M6 hexagon socket bolts and nuts. Maybe cheaper to those from a local DIY shop.

AU_Bilder_249_249906100.gif

Last edited:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
As shown in various pics above, my Exeo came from the factory with a poverty spec pollon filter cover like so (8E2 819 447 A I think)
140CACNL49T.jpg

Seeing as how there doesn't seem to be an ECU cover that gives a proper finished look I was thinking of getting a LHD poverty spec pollon filter cover and doing a bit of a mod to make the skuttle look finished.

Any ideas on the part number for the LHD pollon filter cover?

I guess that Mcdonanld has removed his LHD one and thrown it away?

Last edited:

mcdonald

The number of the lhd cover for the dust-pollen filter is: 8E2 819 447 (without A)
Price is appr. 10,- GBP.

You could place rubber (8E0823731B) on the edge of the engine bay. I've done it on the front part only but I'm thinking of extending it a little. You'll need 2 pieces of rubber for the complete engine bay.

exeo_motorrubber.jpg

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Thanks very much mcdonald, I will be ordering a LHD one and doing a little cutting to make it fit with the battery cover. I will probably order the rubber too.

More rep on it's way :)

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
OK so this is my engine bay and as you can see it's a bit untidy looking in the top left where the ECU is
Picture213-1.jpg
[/

And here is a tidy looking engine bay with an ECU cover that fits
2005_audi_a4_avant-pic-5977915156849898030.jpg

So, before I buy a LHD pollon filter cover and do a cut and shut on it does anyone know the part number for the ECU cover shown in the second pic of the TDIV6 engine bay?

minimoff

Mar 22, 2011
that orange looks sick.
i never even thought of different colour engine covers
does anyone know if seat do the main cover in the centre in any different colours??

mcdonald

Removed the water covers today and had a look at the cover on top of my ECU.
This is not seperate cover, it's the cover of the ECU housing and is bolted to this housing.
It's the same as the one in the bottom picture of my previous post (#57).

As ECU housings differ per engine (petrol or diesel) I guess that some of these housings don't fit well with the water covers as is in Naths case.

mcdonald

Made a short list of the part numbers of the housings and covers for the control units for petrol and diesel engines for lhd and rhd according to ETKA for the SEAT Exeo:

Petrol engines (rhd):
Housing control unit: 8E2 907 355 D
Cover water box: 8E2 907 613 D

Diesel engines (rhd):
Housing control unit: 8E2 907 355 D
Cover water box: 8E2 907 613 E

Petrol engines (lhd):
Housing control unit: 8E1 907 355 C
Cover water box: 8E1 907 613 D

Diesel engines (lhd):
Housing control unit: 8E1 907 355 C
Cover water box: 8E1 907 613 D

As you can see the housing is for both petrol and diesel engine the same. For rhd cars they use a D- or E-type cover, while lhd cars seem to use a D-type cover only (typo in ETKA?).

I guess Nath has an E-type cover instead of a D-type cover. Not sure if the D-type will fit with his ECU.