Battery Clamp?

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
ok so i was going gym the other day, and i went around the corner, and the stereo cut out, and car felt weak, thought nothing of it, as the stereo came back on, then power felt fine

done a weights sesh, come out, car had no power? i was like oh don't even start on me today!

opened bonnet, and the right side terminal was not on the battery (my new earth is right there, it was done up tight enough) but there is alot of play/movement in the battery

i know there is a clamp on the front (and it is done up) but is there supposed to be one on the side too? as it is slidding left-right (with the length of the battery)

i was thinking of putting some wood pieces as a bodge job, but last time the battery movement cost me £200 (as it messed up the earth, messing up immob etc) so don't want that happening again :)

joys of a mk2 i tell ya!

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Its one clamp, but there are grooves in the battery and grooves in the clamp so its held firm, you might want to take it all out and check everythings finned right and especially not back to front.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
thanks alot mate! i will have a check tomorrow, it's pee'ing me off! don't want it messing up, i know there is a clamp, as i have undone it before, but cannot remember if it had grooves!

if it doesn't, it hopefully won't be much from stealers!

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
done a weights sesh, come out, car had no power? i was like oh don't even start on me today

Its because you're an animal mate, touch of roid rage ;)

Ha well can always come have a squint at how mine is all connected up, I've never had any problems with mine

Ollie

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
haha i was a beast that day ollie, did a 150kg x 9 rep deadlift, my back i tell you haha ('roids are for wuss's haha)

actually good excuse to actually see you this time mate!

i still haven't had a chance to look at it yet :ban:

j.cavo

8 valves of pure power
Aug 6, 2009
Liverpool
I just fitted a huge battery from my old laguna tdi. Fills the bay and then some. It can't move as it is tight against the p steering res. Just an idea.

feel sorry for yor altenator how many amp hours is the battery cos im sure its not meant to be more than 40ish