Battery HELP

iggletiggle

Sep 14, 2014
Hi guys

have tried searching and cannot find anything to help..

am trying to change the battery on my Mk3 Ibiza 1.9tdi (2007 / 57)
I have removed the clamp but for the life of me cannot get the plastic 'fuse box' cage off to remove the battery. I may just be an absolute idiot but need help.. wanted to try and get it running again this afternoon if I could!!

Its got the whole plastic framework on top and down the front of the battery itself. Not seen one like this before!

Any help appreciated..!!

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
Hi guys

have tried searching and cannot find anything to help..

am trying to change the battery on my Mk3 Ibiza 1.9tdi (2007 / 57)
I have removed the clamp but for the life of me cannot get the plastic 'fuse box' cage off to remove the battery. I may just be an absolute idiot but need help.. wanted to try and get it running again this afternoon if I could!!

Its got the whole plastic framework on top and down the front of the battery itself. Not seen one like this before!

Any help appreciated..!!
ive used this website to help me with pretty much everything ive done to the car myself:

https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2002_SEAT_Ibiza_Stella_1.2L_3_Cyl./battery/replace_battery

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I can't remember how it is fixed on, but typically the big plastic cover/fuse boxes etc is just clipped down over the top part of the battery, so you need to press down on it and ease out a couple of so plastic clips using maybe a long screw driver, then it can all come off.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.