BBS CK 19x8 now fitted to my Mk2 Leon Cupra

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
A few people have known of my intention to get new wheels for the Cupra, I have wanted some wheels to fill out those arches a bit. Plus i wanted make it a little more individual, I know people have got BBS wheels on theirs, there is nothing unique in that sense. But they are probably the best wheels on the market, in terms of style and quality.

After a great deal of pondering on what wheels to go for during the past few months I finally decided on the CK's a couple of weeks ago. I chose the 19x8" BBS CK's in Anthracite delivered direct from Orange Tuning in Germany. Same as NickP's on his FR, however I opted for the larger size.

The quality of the wheels is superb, by far the best quality wheels I've ever bought for a car, they were not cheap but they are worth every penny.

Got the tyres for them from Camskills last week, 225/35/19 VREDESTEIN Ultrac Sessanta's

My brother in law Rick, helped me to fit the wheels to the car today. After i'd treated them to 3 coats of Chemical Guys Acrylic Wheel Guard. ;) Should help to stop the brake dust sticking hopefully.

Once they were on I headed out for a bit of a drive to do some photo's etc..

I feared they might tramline a lot due to the size. However I've stuck to a 225 width on the 19" tyres and this means they are the same rubber width as the stock tyres were anyway. They perform on the road just as well as the stock wheels did. The only real drawback is that you do feel the potholes a little bit more than before due to the lower profile.

The car handles really well on the new rubber though, they performed well on the motorway and the twisty B roads I took it up. The tyres are much quieter than the Pirelli's were on the stock wheels. They are a bit slippy at the moment due to the fact they are so new, but as the release agent wears away and the rubber beds in, I think they will perform very well. I had Vredestein's Ultracs on my older Cupra R, and i thought they were very good. The Sessanta's are supposed to be even better than the Ultracs.

The wheels have really give the car a nice style, and the anthracite colour I think works well against the dark colour. Not too dark that it's lost, but dark enough that they create a contrast. Being grey they should also help hide some of the brake dust. ;)

I was concerned initially about clearance with the larger wheels, and I did begin to wonder if I'd done the right thing ordering the 19s. But now they are on the car fitted, you feasibly could fit 20s under those arches, there is acres of space. But the ride quality on 20's would be horrendous (so don't do it unless your quite quite mad!!

In fact i'll have to save up now for new suspension, because it really needs dropping. :rolleyes: It never ends!! :cry:

Anyway here are a few of the many pics I took this afternoon. Let me know what you think :whistle:

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I second that looks lovely and I really like the mini review aswell!

Only thing is the car is dieing to be lowered just a tad.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Thanks folks, totally agree though suspension and springs are next on my list for sure. Just got to get the overtime in now to pay for it. :headhurt: But should be able to get it done in the summer. :)

Comparison pics here.

BEFORE - Taken the day i got the car last year. So the light balance is different
main.php

AFTER - Taken today from a similar position, but it was overcast hence the colour shift.
main.php

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Ah excellent they do make a difference in filling the arches for sure.

What suspension you been thinking of Z?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Looks really nice mate. A little lower, and she will look the biz. I really think a bootlid spoiler would finish it off nicely too :)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Not sure at moment, i may just go for Koni FSD's with Eibach springs as the more cost effective solution.

However if I can convince myself I can live with the ride quality, I may decide to opt for coil-overs.

Probably KW Variant 1 or 2's.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
the comparison piccies...first picture the car looks black and second it looks purple ish. I like the way the paint does that or the light.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
the comparison piccies...first picture the car looks black and second it looks purple ish. I like the way the paint does that or the light.

It's just the light effecting the photograph. I took that last May in clear blue sunny sky. The other i took today under cloudy conditions.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.