BBS CK 19x8 now fitted to my Mk2 Leon Cupra

techno

Sep 15, 2007
Cannock Staffs
to be honest, I've always thought those wheels didn't suit, so I've picked my favorites for you

2v861zd.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
How are you finding the Vredesteins?

So far so good. :) I had the Ultrac's on my previous car (LCR) and i liked them. Good grip, good wet weather handling and good wear rate too. The Sessanta's are a newer high performance tyre. They have got reviews similar to GSD3's, and they have a nice appearance on the rim too. :) But until i've done some miles on them I can't really rate them properly.

I don't suppose you can give me the details about how and where you got your wheels.

Sourced them from Orange Tuning in Germany. Frank was very helpful, and in my case from order to delivery took no more than 4days shipped from Germany. Though he did say in some cases it can take up to 10 days depending on availability. I'd tried sourcing them in the UK too, but it was practically impossible. BBS were in administration last year, but have since been taken over by another company and are now producing again. But I think their distribution links in the UK need re-negotiating. I had no trouble dealing with Orange Tuning though

They looks great, good choice of colour too as they're gonna take ages to clean :cry:

They are not too bad to clean actually, but to help they have been coated several times with Chemical Guys Acrylic Wheel Guard. It should help prevent the dust sticking to them. :headhurt:

Regarding "filling the arces" and troubles with fitting 20" wheels.

BTW: what ET did you get the wheels with? looks very close to the outside of the fenders.

I wasn't serious about 20's, thats just overkill really the ride quality would be awful. I was just referring to the fact there is a lot of space under the arches. Far more than I expected. 19's are spot on, and once it's lowered a bit they will certainly look imposing enough.

ET44. It's reckoned between 45-50 are the ideal offset. However the CK's are 44.0 but these wheels do not exceed the arches, they are pretty much square on to the top rim of the arch but do not exceed it, that is ok for the law. The fact they are 8" wide rather than 8.5" as some 19's can be, helps to prevent them from sticking out. There is at least 10mm - 15mm clearance on the calipers too. They really fit well.

Last edited:

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Just at the top of Werneth Low overlooking Hyde if you know it.

No, I don't know it, but it's only a couple of miles from where I live!
I might have a drive down there next week, looks quite nice.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
No, I don't know it, but it's only a couple of miles from where I live!
I might have a drive down there next week, looks quite nice.

It's somewhere fairly picturesque overlooking much of Manchester but its not really a drivers road. They have speed bumps along much of it's length.

However nice location to take some pics that isn't too far to travel. :)

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
I won't be running the car in there next saturday then.
Looks like it's going to be the A628 seeing as the Snake Pass is closed :(

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I won't be running the car in there next saturday then.
Looks like it's going to be the A628 seeing as the Snake Pass is closed :(

I was going to take a jaunt up the Woodhead or Holme Moss, but time was against me. The light would of been too bad to take good photo's

Werneth Low is just a hill really with a country park and golf club on it. It's where the land rises up and Peak district begins. On clear days you can see over the peak to Kinderscout and in the opposite direction as far as North Wales, even Snowdonia can be seen on really clear days. But it's not a road like the Woodhead or the Snake, its very much a country road, some places its only wide enough for one car to pass.

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Still sounds like a nice place to visit.
I used to live in Buxton, so I had the Cat and Fiddle road and all the other surrounding roads to play on. I used to drive 25 miles each way to work in Ashbourne - the A515, long fast sections seperated by some really good bends!
Pretty much the only things I miss in Buxton!

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
Liking the colours, was tempted with that colour when I went for some CH's. Similar to the Golf it will look even better lowered that little bit to reduce the arch gap.

Out of interest what tyre pressures have you gone for?

How many fitting kits did you need ....

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
The tyre place set the pressures to about 35-36psi if memory serves, but i think I might drop it a a couple of psi. I need to do some miles on them and see how they feel, but they maybe a tad too hard at the moment.

Fitting kits were supplied with the wheels, including BBS valves, bolts (inc locking nuts) and aluminium spigot rings for the back of the wheels.

They sent 2 packs, so i've got spares :p

main.php

main.php

The locking nuts are ok, but not what i'd call state of the art. So I've got some McGards on them too, every wheel has one BBS locking bolt and a McGard too aswell as 3 conventional bolts obviously :p

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.