Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Beer talk

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk5 (2008-2017)' started by thePHILosipher, May 13, 2011.

1. thePHILosipher

Yes by the very title i do talk cars down pub, so we were talkin creatin an utimate ibiza sleeper with vag parts nd seat engines, i said to go with a mk5 with the battery in the boot and drop a 2.0 tfsi lump from a leon in front, with the dsg box obviously i know bout changin lot more, but woud the engine and gearbox physically fit? I think it would but i need to settle a bet

Cheers

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

2. skeat12

Are you allowed in the mk5 section it's an exclusive club in here ya know? :p

3. thePHILosipher

pfft i was promotin the mk5 sayin how good the chassis and dsg was, does that count sir?? :p

4. rossers87

rossers87 rossers

It.is also very good at sitting waitong.on a date haha...ten point for guessing what im.doing......can the dsg handle the torque of a 2l.tfsi

5. thePHILosipher

well the leon cupra r is dsg, so yes lol

6. rossers87

rossers87 rossers

Isnt it the 6speed wet box and ours.is the smaller.7speed dry box....maybe im.talking.sh!t tho

7. bigman75

bigman75 Active Member

Wet box? Dry Box? Are you sure you posted this on the right forum? :D

8. thePHILosipher

and i stand corrected, its not the cupra r thats dsg its the FR only that has the option, altho im sure the new cupra and cupra r had it, o well, must be wrong, either way same principle, the engine would fit wouldnt it in the lil mk5?

9. vroomtshh

vroomtshh Full Member

I assume you mean physical size, then yes it would fit no problem

10. jc_boc

jc_boc Back in CUPRA ..... R!

I agree it would fit but naturally there would be some serious modification to the engine bay required including all the mounts, resizing drive shafts etc. Would be VERY costly but if I had the cash I defo do it. This car would be EPIC with the 2.0 litre motor and the 6 speed wet box.

11. vRSy

vRSy Fabia vRS

the leon has a much better chassis than the ibiza. what the ibiza has though is a much lower kerb weight. would be a tight fit id imagine requiring alot of custom work from intakes though to intercooler pipework etc etc. would be awesome though.

the 7spd DSG is also different and smaller in size, its also paired into the ECU electronically so you would need new ECus for both the DSG and engine.

In short it would be great but stupid expensive i think

12. jc_boc

jc_boc Back in CUPRA ..... R!

So the engine can go in there with a manual box. I am sure a dsg would go in too then. that polo must be a seriously fast bit of kit. I wonder what it cost them to do that conversion???!!!! Looks well nice though!

13. thePHILosipher

and that answers that lol, was just bloke chat at the pub over a couple before the footy came on so not something that will ever materialise, unless the lottery comes through :lol:

still now that we know a 2.0tsfi fits, can imagine that with a 6 speed box, chassis re-enforcement, quattro, remap, 300ps beast lol, i dare say somebody on the continent will do it lol