BeezaDave's Mk4 Ibiza - Fresh wheels and lows!

AddersHTID

May 18, 2012
Bristol
ok mate well im on a bit of a budget at the moment and alloys haven't been at the top of my list i think springs will be my next buy but deffo give me a heads up :)

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Not much to update, been busy wit uni.

With regards the honeycomb centre grill, I cut out all the slats with a dremel. Just need to sand it down now.

Also got the honeycomb that I need to cut to shape:
DSC_0036.jpg

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Changed my rear reverse light to a cree led bulb:

10.jpg

11.jpg

Hopefully this bulb will be red enough when I get my cluster with a clear lense on the driver's side.

Also got a cree led reverse light, massive improvement. Can actually see when I'm reversing in the dark now:

13.jpg

14.jpg

Both:
15.jpg

Also a shot of where the car sleeps near my Uni:
12.jpg

Currently looking to get the euro cluster to make the rear lights symmetrical. Sin é!

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Excuse my stupidity :redface: is that a cree fog light on the right side? I never knew you could get them in red? They both look really good as you say will look even better when you get the symmetrical lights. Good job sir!

It is indeed Chris. Yeah just search cree rear fog light on ebay and you'll get a few :) Sere is currently sourcing the part for me so hopefully be here soon. Sound haha

Apr 13, 2011
hull
1+ on that I'd like sermetrical lights on my Cupra so let us know how u get on and at what price plus are they oem seat lights or are they aftermarket cheers likeing the car by the way

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Looking forward to the pics once you've fitted it!

Will throw pics up soon as it's fitted ;)

1+ on that I'd like sermetrical lights on my Cupra so let us know how u get on and at what price plus are they oem seat lights or are they aftermarket cheers likeing the car by the way

Thanks lad. No bother will do. I would have got rid of the reversing light and had all red but really didn't want a red reversing light. So clear one each side it is :D plus I get to keep my rear fog light red :)

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2011
hull
Will throw pics up soon as it's fitted ;)

Thanks lad. No bother will do. I would have got rid of the reversing light and had all red but really didn't want a red reversing light. So clear one each side it is :D plus I get to keep my rear fog light red :)

Grate idea what I'd like to know is how do u get clear lens both sides are they oem lights u but or are they after market lights ????

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Grate idea what I'd like to know is how do u get clear lens both sides are they oem lights u but or are they after market lights ????

Well three of your clusters dont need to be changed, just the one with the fog light. So you just need to get the reversing light off a right hand drive ibiza ;) more difficult to find than you would think though :(

Apr 13, 2011
hull
O so the left hand drive and right hand drive Ibizas have the fog and reverse lights are in the opposite sides round

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Made an attempt at vinyl wrapping my centre console yesterday. 1st attempt was crap and 2nd attempt went better and was happy with it. Tried to fit it but couldn't get it to sit right around the buttons, especially the hazards button. So just removed it and I'll try again later when I have more vinyl. Anyone have any pointers for me?

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Bit of an update. Had a few free evenings last week so spent some time cleaning the car up. Got the outside washed, polished and waxed and interior hoovered (including removing the seats). Wanted to wash the interior plastics, do the door shuts/hinges and engine bay but weather beat me to it. Will have to do them in the new year I'd say. Only got round to the door shuts.

Some very interesting pics:
16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

In other news, finally sourced a euro rear cluster to get the rear lights symmetrical (Cheers, Rhys). Will fit it as soon as I'm free and the weather allows:

22.jpg

Also got a bigger update on the way, will post up when it arrives ;)

.Si.

Feb 14, 2012
sunny essex
oh i do hope the light is the right shade david..

will be sourcing one if its right.

hope the big update is worth it..:yes::D:D

loving the dab quilted seats..so jelous

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2011
hull
Bit of an update. Had a few free evenings last week so spent some time cleaning the car up. Got the outside washed, polished and waxed and interior hoovered (including removing the seats). Wanted to wash the interior plastics, do the door shuts/hinges and engine bay but weather beat me to it. Will have to do them in the new year I'd say. Only got round to the door shuts.

Some very interesting pics:
16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

In other news, finally sourced a euro rear cluster to get the rear lights symmetrical (Cheers, Rhys). Will fit it as soon as I'm free and the weather allows:

22.jpg

Also got a bigger update on the way, will post up when it arrives ;)

What is the part number for that light I want my lights to match also plus where did u get it from and how much cheers

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members