BeezaDave's Mk4 Ibiza - Fresh wheels and lows!

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Thanks mate. Yeah there are very few of us left from when I joined the site. Next big mod is to buy a cupra front bumper and get it sprayed along with my rear bumper and colour code. Then I'll be getting my cupra wheels powdercoated.

Good to see that you're keeping with the mk4s aswell.

Yeah yours is coming along slowly but surely :) I could have sworn you had cupra wheels though? Im on my 3rd now, id still have my 1.2 if it wasn't written off by a taxi though :'(

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Yeah yours is coming along slowly but surely :) I could have sworn you had cupra wheels though? Im on my 3rd now, id still have my 1.2 if it wasn't written off by a taxi though :'(

I do have cupra wheels. I took them off around Christmas because it was getting icy and the tyres were almost bald so had to go back to standards.

At least you weren't injured though mate. You could get your car looking as good your 1.2 was but it will be a hell of a lot faster haha.

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
If put them back on mate they set the car off :)

Yeah :) I've already got a cupra back bumper but its missing the grey defuser so need to find one for sale

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
So binned my fag lighter and popped the plug in:

Been doing a bit of work on my honeycomb front grill. So sick of doing it at this stage haha. Here's some progress pics:

And the finished product:

Could have been a bit neater but I just wanted it done. This is it on the car:

Doesn't look as good as I thought it would but hopefully it will grow on me. Think it just looks a bit odd with the pre fl bumper, will look better on the cupra.

Btw photos make the paint look a bit strange but that's just my crappy phone camera.

Last edited:

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Centre grill has really grown on me, its not perfect but it will do for now.

Cleaned out my throttle body yesterday and threw a bottle of redex in on a full tank today.

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Sorted through all my car receipts and stuff and collected together all the stuff I have for the car.

Smoothed down rub strips, wing mirror covers and cupra spoiler all to be painted next :D

Also have a new headlight switch for when I retro fit some fog lights!

Last edited:

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Thanks Chris, yeah there's not many besides us! haha! How is your car getting on? :)
Mine is surviving :lol: I've not mentioned it in my RR but while I was out of the country last year it was nearly written off. Long story short (don't want to clog your RR) it's in good shape again now.
I've recently moved away from home and am job hunting so hopefully a steady income will be coming in soon
Good luck mate, getting that first job in your chosen industry is seemingly always the hardest!

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
I did the same with the centre grill on mine mate, I also didn't think it looked quite right. I've made a new honeycomb grill with an S badge in and it looks loads better:
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=4246934&postcount=1418

Wow you did a really good job with your grill. I'm going to leave mine as is until I get a cupra front bumper and if it looks weird still, I'll slap a badge on :) thanks for the link aswell :D

Mine is surviving :lol: I've not mentioned it in my RR but while I was out of the country last year it was nearly written off. Long story short (don't want to clog your RR) it's in good shape again now.

Good luck mate, getting that first job in your chosen industry is seemingly always the hardest!

Glad to hear it's on the mend anyway! Thanks lad, I'm a teacher so only been looking for work since September. I'll be taking a drive up the road to Belfast for a cupra front bumper with my first pay cheque for sure haha [B)]

Apr 13, 2011
hull
Nice car it's coming along nicely and I live the grill I have been planning on doing it for months I cut my old grill out just need some mesh to match and yours looks very close match

Where did u get that mesh for your grill from have u got a link at all cheers

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Nice car it's coming along nicely and I live the grill I have been planning on doing it for months I cut my old grill out just need some mesh to match and yours looks very close match

Where did u get that mesh for your grill from have u got a link at all cheers

Thanks mate :D grill is a pig of a job!

Yup here's the link:
http://www.oemvag.es/en/5p-2004-2009/410-front-grille-mesh.html

But I got mine from SERE.

This thread came in very handy also:
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=344829

Earlesscube

Sep 10, 2013
Rep. of Ireland
Hi Dave,

I have a MK4 myself except mine is a back 1.4 sport version(il put up pics if requested). Glad to see another Irish man on here.

Im thinking about mod'ing up mine too, love your handbrake cover and gearknob.

Any advice for a MK4 mod'in noob?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members