BeezaDave's Mk4 Ibiza - Fresh wheels and lows!

CraigyG93

Saw this page before I was a member here. Got the chrome handbrake button and brushed aluminium gear surround after seeing your pictures. Were did you get the flip key and how easy is it to connect aux lead to the standard head unit? Also got the facelift rear badge and it looks really different. Went down to Dave@Sere and got the parts

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Hi Dave,

I have a MK4 myself except mine is a back 1.4 sport version(il put up pics if requested). Glad to see another Irish man on here.

Im thinking about mod'ing up mine too, love your handbrake cover and gearknob.

Any advice for a MK4 mod'in noob?

Hi mate. Yeah start a reader's ride on here and put up some pics. You need 15 posts to post pics. Handbrake cover is cheap mate, think it cost me bout £20 at the time. Gearknob was about £50. Yeah there's not many people from the republic on here, good few people from Northern Ireland though. Wherabouts you from?

Saw this page before I was a member here. Got the chrome handbrake button and brushed aluminium gear surround after seeing your pictures. Were did you get the flip key and how easy is it to connect aux lead to the standard head unit? Also got the facelift rear badge and it looks really different. Went down to Dave@Sere and got the parts

Ah cool, good to hear people are liking what I'm doing :D I got my flip key on ebay, then swapped the transponder from my spare key into it, got it cut and programmed it to the car. Aux lead is pretty easy, you just need one extra piece of wire to earth it. Yeah Dave is a sound lad, will be calling up to him again soon to get some parts ;) get some pics up of your car if you get a chance!

CraigyG93

Yeah i will post a few pics when I can. Have to get myself a new gear gaitor soon as my other 1 is ripped. Going get a set of alloys for it in the next month or 2 after i sort out my insurance and timing belt.

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Do you go to any meets Dave?

No because there aren't any that I know of! Do you? There's def no seat meets and the only other car site that I'm on isn't busy enough to have meets. I should mention that I'm living in Dublin for the last 4 years, but originally from Limerick.

Ah. Might not get it then. Prob going down tomorrow and will hopefully get the cupra handbrake from dave at sere. Saw nice wheels on ebay but cant get them for a couple weeks.

What wheels you looking at? :D

Earlesscube

Sep 10, 2013
Rep. of Ireland
Not a Seat meet no but I have been on a meet from another Irish site. it was a point to point for charity.

Im a teacher myself, how you finding it? Ive just qualified 2 years ago.

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
@craigy93 not sure how to post pics in a message but if you get up to 15 posts then you can upload pics to an image hosting site and copy the img codes onto here. Wheels sound good!

@earlesscube I'm also a teacher, primary. Qualified last May.

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Ah. What site do you use? Got my handbrake cover. Looks so much better. Going leave wheels for now but will get them sometime. Looking at getting flip key sometime and maybe getting windows tinted.

I use photobucket. Handbrake is a nice easy mod and makes a big difference! Flip key is a nice mod to do aswell, gives the car a more expensive feel haha!

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Yeah. Get rid of my awful spare key. It has no buttons. Itll look so much better than when i sell the car. Did you buy a key with all the internal things in it. Thanks i will upload pictures here soon.

Yeah got one on ebay that had all the bits in it and a blank blade. Only had to swap over one bit from my spare key.

Earlesscube

Sep 10, 2013
Rep. of Ireland
Dave, you changed your remote key fob for a flip key right?

Did you just buy a blank one, ie nothing in it and just put the internal "stuff" from your old one into the new? And is it just plug in and play?

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Dave, you changed your remote key fob for a flip key right?

Did you just buy a blank one, ie nothing in it and just put the internal "stuff" from your old one into the new? And is it just plug in and play?

I originally had a spare key with no buttons, just a blade. I also had a remote non flip key. I bought a flip key on ebay that had all internals except for the transponder (I think that's what it's called) for my car. I opened my spare key with no buttons and put the transponder from that into the flip key. I got the flip key blade cut. And then I had to program it to the car which isn't difficult. Something like put your old key in the ignition and unlock the door with the new one or something like that. Other than that it's plug and play. So now I have a flip key and my old remote one is my spare now :) hope that makes sense haha. There is a flip key thread somewhere in the mk4 section which has a lot of info on it!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.