Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Bens leon cupra auq build !

Discussion in 'Readers Rides (SEAT)' started by Bendubiard_, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Bendubiard_

Hi guys, after alot of deciding what i wanted next after my mk2 golf back in september i decided on a leon cupra 1.8t (mainly because i missed having a nippy little car after selling my clio 182rs)

so went and bought this black cupra, had a couple things already done to it which were cupra r wheels, cobra resonated cat back exhaust but still had the standard cat and some silly lights in the inside door handles and under the doors but each to their own !!!

Attached Files:

#1 Bendubiard_, Jan 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    Andrewwright likes this.
  2. Bendubiard_

Gave it a good clean and a polish when i got it home mainly to see what sort of damage it had but to be fair the old boy who owned it before wasnt lying it was actually rather tidy !!

Attached Files:

3. Bendubiard_

Instead of writing like 10 different posts just gonna bang out everything thats been done to it since owning jt in the one post so Started off with getting a ramair filter mainly for the turbo noise but want to get a few things fitted before it gets a remap, was real pleased with the noise but was itching to get abit more of a burble from the exhaust so got a 3” turbo back downpipe and decat off of someone on facebook for abit of a steal and i know people say “dont heat wrap exhaust they’ll corrode blablabla” but when you can pick them up for like 50 quid id rather have a couple pops from a hot downpipe ! Was abit of a b**** to fit whilst using the worlds smallest jack and axle stands but heyhoo got it fitted in the end ! Next up was some nighteye bulbs, i know people say they blind other road users but i got them aimed right down so they dont do anyone in the eyeball and im pleased with them and finally today after having to walk the dog then doing a food shop with missus i went out and fitted a creation motorsport over aized tip which was a ARSE ! Everything is too big and nothing fits properly so gonna have to take it off next week and do a few adjustments with a hacksaw

Attached Files:

4. Bendubiard_

Also forgot to mention i fitted alittle boost gauge and its vac is at -24 and boosting at arounf 12psi, is that normal for a unmapped auq ? also fitted a lambda spacer to try get rid of the eml light from the decat but that hardly worked so gotta get that mapped out and hs anyone else had the same problems with their oversized cms tips ?

Attached Files:

5. Gokiwi64

Gokiwi64 Geriatric Member

I had a creations tip - never did fit properly - needed a certain amount of finaggling with a sharp knife ! - In the end bought Bill Badgers version and it went straight on.

Oh and Welcome :)

Bendubiard_ likes this.
  6. Bendubiard_

cheers mate, good to see what a few other people have done for ideas !
    Got back from work abit early today so whipped the tip off and cut 15-20mm off of the turbo end and 55mm off the maf end and it fits alot better now atleast the heat shield and can be fixed down again, will probably whip it off again once i get a fmic and trim a little more off

Attached Files:

7. Andrewwright

Andrewwright Turbo lover

She looks nice.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Bendubiard_ likes this.
  8. Bendubiard_

Just wondering if any of you guys know the cause of these codes that are popping up, i got p0030 and p0135 which i knows from the lambda sensors cause of the decat but since fitting the oversized tip ive started to get p0141, anyone know what thats about ?

9. Gokiwi64

PO141 is heater failure on the O2 sensor(s), its quite possible you broke a wire when moving things around as I think the wiring is routed in and around the TIP area

10. Bendubiard_

so p0141 is to do with the 02 sensors on the exhaust ?

11. Gokiwi64

12. Bendubiard_

Think i sorted the p0141 problem thank god ! Been looking for a no resonated centre section for my cobra exhaust though and im having real trouble, anyone know where you can get one by its self or anything ?