Bens Red Leon Cupra R 225

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Im going to start a proper build thread as the old post I made about the new car is abit of a mess now. Mods can delete the old one as I know im only allowed one build thread.

I picked up my 2005 LCR 225 ON 23/03/12 from Brighton and as soon as I drove it I knew it was the car for me. It has full Seat history and has covered 62,000 miles looking at the bonnet most of them would appear to be motorway miles im waiting on a price to have that and the front wings done.

I have brought some caliper paint and new stickers and will be sorting them at the weekend.

Anyway heres some pics

Spent 5 hours cleaning on Sunday

From this

IMAG0252.jpg

IMAG0251.jpg

To This

IMAG0256.jpg

IMAG0258.jpg

IMAG0254-1.jpg

IMAG0255-1.jpg

Got a long list of things I wanna do so bear with me. :D

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Welcome to the club :)

DK said the car was tidy when you popped round his at the weekend ;)

Looks very smart mate. That list that you have now.... well it will get bigger and probably hurt your wallet more as time goes on lol..

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Welcome to the club :)

DK said the car was tidy when you popped round his at the weekend ;)

Looks very smart mate. That list that you have now.... well it will get bigger and probably hurt your wallet more as time goes on lol..

Cheers mate the list is growing by the day and DK really didnt help on Sunday :lol:

So far I wanna do the following

Service at AMD at 64000

Blueflame or Miltek exhaust
SFS Tip
Forge boost and water pipes and new clamps
Forge 008 recirc valve
Anti roll bars
Coilovers at some point
Discs and pads when needed
Strut Braces
Carbon bits
Remap
Liquid guage mounted in drivers side vent
Want to get alarm chirp turned on and window close if any kind chappy has vagcom and fancies some beer tokens it is on my list to get my own Vagcom

Cosmetics
Bonnet and front wings sprayed
Polished inlet manifold and charge pipe or can you get it powdercoated?
Wheels refurbed and painted grey
Wanna take off the top of the slam panel and rub down and respray as has some marks on it and new nuts and boilts as they have corroded and will annoy me im a tart I know lol

I know that llist is going to get alot bigger than that aswell :whistle:

Heres a quick interior pic

IMAG0253.jpg

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Nice list of mods mate :)

I can do the alarm chirp and will just need to re-install the software for the window drop using the keys.

Have both running on my car. How far are you from DK? I'm in Bromley/Petts Wood area, can do the vagcom stuff some weekend or one night if your not far.

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Nice list of mods mate :)

I can do the alarm chirp and will just need to re-install the software for the window drop using the keys.

Have both running on my car. How far are you from DK? I'm in Bromley/Petts Wood area, can do the vagcom stuff some weekend or one night if your not far.

That would be brilliant if you could mate ill sort you a drink out for doing it. Im only in Greenwich mate so about 10mins from DK.
[B)]

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
That would be brilliant if you could mate ill sort you a drink out for doing it. Im only in Greenwich mate so about 10mins from DK.
[B)]

No worries! We'll sort something out soon, drink is cool but don't mind tbh mate, happy to help out. :)

samcash88

Aug 8, 2011
Oh really, cant really tell from the pics, theres a flash red LCR around where I am that has a very high gloss black wheels and it does look very cool, but then again ive never seen that car dirty

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Oh really, cant really tell from the pics, theres a flash red LCR around where I am that has a very high gloss black wheels and it does look very cool, but then again ive never seen that car dirty

Mines not gonna be allowed to get dirty either lol.

samcash88

Aug 8, 2011
Thats the way I keep mine in fairness, its a colour that responded very well to a machine polish and always seems to look good no matter what light its in

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Very nice mate. Good to see another red one. Grey wheels would look much better as like you say you can't really see the shape of the alloys when there totally black. The liquid gauge is a great investment as well.

Get involved in the amd sfs hoses offer for a few bargains.

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Very nice mate. Good to see another red one. Grey wheels would look much better as like you say you can't really see the shape of the alloys when there totally black. The liquid gauge is a great investment as well.

Get involved in the amd sfs hoses offer for a few bargains.

I don't think funds will allow more spending at the mo but have got loads of overtime coming up so won't have to wait too long.

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Havent done much to the car lately as I had glandula fever last week and im still feeling rough but went to my mates unit yesterday and cleaned my engine bay. Was driving me made being stuck indoors.

Heres how it came out.

IMAG0269.jpg

Theres nuts and bolts that are corroded that I want to replace along with all the hoses but is already looking much better.

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
I forgot about these. Fitted them last week before I was struck down with the ebola virus lol. Well pleased with how they look.

IMAG0261.jpg

IMAG0262.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise