Bens Red Leon Cupra R 225

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Good work mate :) Roll on more mods ;)

Gonna get AMD to do cambelt and waterpump next month and then the fun can really begin. Really wanna gettthe wheels refurbed. Need another jacking point cover but may aswell get that done when it's painted.

machman

Feb 4, 2014
kent
car looks good mate,mines red also just had my wheels refurbed in dark anthracite by rimtech in meopham done a good job,three day turn round.im in welling have to look out for you driving around:coolthumb

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
car looks good mate,mines red also just had my wheels refurbed in dark acite by rimtech in meopham done a good job,three day turn round.im in welling have to look for you driving around:coolthumb

Cheers mate. Slowly getting there. That's were I'm gonna take mine to. Heard nothing but good things about them. You got any pics mate? I'm often around that way as have mates in Bexley ill keep an eye out. :D

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Miltek exhaust pic

IMAG0237_zpscaa44909.jpg

Heres my engine bay as it stands now. Lots more to come over the coming months.

IMAG0236_zpsb9107354.jpg

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Cheers mate it's not been cleaned for a few weeks. Needs lots more work. New hoses and clips and I badly want an Integrated engineering intake manifold.

Like this

Screenshot_2014-04-29-19-49-23_zps4178f752.png

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Done the gearbox shim today wasnt too bad took about an hr from start to finish. Haven't had a chance to test it properly yet but definitely feels smoother changing gear.

IMAG0238_zpsdd7fc59c.jpg

IMAG0240_zps74bd802f.jpg

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Took the car to AMD this morning for when they opened. Had cambelt and waterdecatdone and they also change the hydraulic dampner which some places don't bother changing. I also treated the car to a GFB recirc valve while I was there which they fitted for me. Also had the aircon regassed.

IMAG0258_zpsb4d8410d.jpg

IMAG0260_zpsa59d9a67.jpg

Only thing the mechanic that was working on it said was the fuel lines were slightly corroded so will get some braided fuel lines and billet connectors at some point.

Next on list is wheel refurb. Then need to get TIP,Front mount,downpipe and decat and get it stage 2 mapped.

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Not updated for a while. Booked car in for 24th November at AMD for oil pickup pipe and obviously oil and oil filter change. Also having SFS tip fitted and remap. Looking forward to seeing the difference the remap makes.

Then ill just need to get front mount downpipe and decat for stage 2. Still need to get wheels sorted. Then will proberly do hoses and fuel lines and then get respray sorted. [B)]

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Update I had the wheels refurbed last week at Rimtec in Meopham seriously impressed with the results. There anthracite with a fleck in they look awesome in the sunlight.

When I picked up new centre caps and wheel nut caps I also picked up service bits and a new oil pickup pipe. Having that done at AMD on 26th June and also having 3 inch tip fitted at same time.

Cars also booked in at Rtech to be mapped in August so need to try and get fmic and downpipe and decat and can go stage 2.

machman

Feb 4, 2014
kent
car looks good ben, had my cambelt done at AMD ,did the tip myself ,having a cobra downpipe and sports cat fitted at hayes engineering [erith] monday to match my cobra exhaust.

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
car looks good ben, had my cambelt done at AMD ,did the tip myself ,having a cobra downpipe and sports cat fitted at hayes engineering [erith] monday to match my cobra exhaust.

It's getting there mate. I'm gonna buy some new rear calipers and get the fronts rebuilt and refurbished. Bet you can't wait. I'm going decat as I have friendly mot buddies lol. Did you watch them doing cambelt looked a right mission.