Bens Red Leon Cupra R 225

machman

Feb 4, 2014
kent
no ,didnt watch cambelt being done not a 5 minute job,spent most of the day dragging myself around lakeside to kill time ,only so long i could walk around ikea:lol:
had downpipe and sports cat fitted seems more responsive and a little louder, couldnt rely on my mot garage to pass it without cat alas as it wouldve saved me a few pennies.

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Took car to AMD on Friday. Got there about 7.30 so had to wait till the office was open. Luckily there was another lcr there in for stage 2 map. Car was mint Mark the owner had it off road for 2 years while he rebuilt it.

Car went into the workshop and Steve started work on removing the sump to change oil pickup pipe. Got sump off and I was suprised how clean the pickup pipe was. I should have got a pic of it. Just shows that regular oil changes keep it clear. Was talking to Steve and he said it's when people leave it ages before changing oil and the carbon in the oil builds up and up until it's blocked.

Sump was cleaned in the parts washer. If anyone is changing the pickup pipe don't think you can just use normal silicon instead of buying the proper stuff that ain't cheap. It's not the same and normal silicon can come off and block pickup. So didn't need doing but least I now know it's sweet and I've got a nice clean sump with fresh oil.

Also had supersize SFS tip fitted. Well impressed with it induction noise sounds awesome and it's definitely quicker. Steve said that you can gain about 12 bhp on standard car and 15-20 bhp on a mapped one. If your going to get a tip either get an SFS or badger 5 tip there the best ones.

Last edited:

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Engine bay as it stands now. I'm off in 3 weeks so will be doing some more bits. Hopefully be getting Recaro 2+2 seats aswell.

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Changed this bracket today with another one that I was given. It's been bugging me for ages as you could see the rust on it. Also replaced the bolts aswell as they was a tight mess.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.