Bent Chassis Leg

captin_urbis

Not a Member
Dec 2, 2008
Lancashire
so i crashed the other day, not much damage got pics ....

DSC00294.jpg

DSC00303.jpg

DSC00304.jpg

so took it all off, went scrappers and then got there, looking for the front end, thought polo was same, so lookin at that, its not, so founds a corby (1.6 with aircon lol might nab the whole system for mine lol) trying to find the light but no luck :blink:

so got the front panel, took it home, took mine off this is how it was sat...

DSC00305.jpg

then i noticed this....

DSC00306.jpg

so set about straightening it, took battery off, took rad off, and cant straghten it..

any of you got ideas??? of how to straighten the leg?

and how she sits now lol

DSC00307.jpg

Presha

six on the brain
Sep 17, 2007
Birmingham
Try attaching a thick rope or something to the front leg then round the bottom of a lampost, bollard or similar and reverse back gently as you dont want to rip the front end of your car off or pull a lampost over and onto the roof lol

GTV

Veggie powered TDi's
Feb 16, 2008
Cambridgeshire
did this with the other halfs metro, she sat in the car foot on the brake and in gear then got my works Focus diesel, good rope and pulled it strieght :)

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
the opposite angle to the damage if anything

firstly check further back down the leg to make sure it hasn't pushed it outwards further back as the legs are known to do so

doesn't look that bad in the pic, almost hand repairable at the front end but further back is gonna be the worry looking at the angle

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
looks like how mine has been sitting for the past 7 months! :(

Get the bonnet strapped down, the wind blew mine up and bent it! And if you need a new slam panel don't get them off eBay! Had two and they both came back bent, still trying to get the money back off one of them.

sirjimalot

JIM-MAN
Aug 10, 2005
County Durham
obviously not everyone has the luxury of a 10 ton jig like me
:D

It looks like the leg needs to be twisted back round so get a chain and hook it to the bottom left edge of the leg as you llok at it from the front, pull the chain around the leg so the chain has now come back on its self then hook up to a car and give it a good tug till the crash bar fits, should do the trick if done right!"!

captin_urbis

Not a Member
Dec 2, 2008
Lancashire
looks like how mine has been sitting for the past 7 months! :(

Get the bonnet strapped down, the wind blew mine up and bent it! And if you need a new slam panel don't get them off eBay! Had two and they both came back bent, still trying to get the money back off one of them.

lol i havent i got one from scrappers of a corby, with aircon, so this is how my rad is sat in it....

DSC00309.jpg

but trust me its not going anywhere, it was loose before so its held in alott better now lol

cable ties all the way!!!!!:funk:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members