bent con rods

LUPO GTI 20VT

hi just thought id show the pics of my con rods ive changed this weekend there from a bam engine thats not even done 20,000 mods are forge tip itg filter no cat large front mount cooler revo stage1. one rod is the worst but all 4 are bent
Picture001-2.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

LUPO GTI 20VT

not done owt wrong was just acceleratin in 4th gear shut power off an the car back fired an the engine ad a little rattle on it but still ran ok i knew wot ad happened so didnt accelerate went home an compression checked the day after an number 2 was way down so was lucky to catch it its not gud considerin its only runnin stage 1 an the mileage the others another 1 as quite a bend on it an other 2 just slightly bent must of been bent a while obviously cant all bend at the same time but ive prob only done about 2000 miles with this engine in now replaced with scat rods

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
not done owt wrong was just acceleratin in 4th gear shut power off an the car back fired an the engine ad a little rattle on it but still ran ok i knew wot ad happened so didnt accelerate went home an compression checked the day after an number 2 was way down so was lucky to catch it its not gud considerin its only runnin stage 1 an the mileage the others another 1 as quite a bend on it an other 2 just slightly bent must of been bent a while obviously cant all bend at the same time but ive prob only done about 2000 miles with this engine in now replaced with scat rods

still very suprising. i think ive the same rods or weaker and running higher power.
loads of revo stage 1 bams on here too.

oil pick ups blocked? are things getting too hot?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
stage 1 is still possible yto have it turned up too high tho.. on ign or boost or both.
spikey delivery does'nt help on bendy rods.
lucky they did'nt stick a leg out of bed.

LUPO GTI 20VT

no oil ways blocked an the oil is always clean an no colour distortion to say anything as been hot like you would expect if it was lack of oil i was very suprised it happened after people sayin the bam rods are strongest especially with little mods strange

G-MANGERALD

I think ive bent a rod, how much did it cost for you to fix it? bare in mind i'm driving a MK3 Ibiza 1.8T 20V?

LUPO GTI 20VT

hi did the work my self so just parts scat rods was £257 delivered to the door from the us an head gasket an shells from the dealers about £70 ish new oil an filter an anti freeze

LUPO GTI 20VT

this is my 2nd engine 1st engine snapped a rod an put a hole in the block so your not on your own there

B3LSY

feel for ya i had my engine rebuild 4 weeks ago,my pistons had shrunk and were knocking

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise