bent exhaust

gazjones

this is starting to pi** me off now it lets the look of the whole rear end down. basically my fr exhaust is sagging one side and looks rather low( miles from the bumper cut out) has anybody else had an exhaust like this as ive seen a few like it. im thinking of heatingh up the sagging tail pipe and the bending it up at bit so its at least level, or should i try and get it changed under warrenty as its not right. if your door wasnt lined up properly they would sort that or fuel cap didnt sit right that would get sorted but would this be done or just dismissed? any help would be great just need to know where i stand with it

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I think as long as they are happy that it hasn't been hit on a high curb or the like then they should look at it for ya

try an exhaust fitter place as it may have a rubber hanger split or something and they normally have them in stock, then you don't have to go back again to the stealer to have the seat special order part fitted..:think:

gazjones

was like it when i bought it they pointed it out to me it can be pushed up to where it should go so could need a stiffer mounting rubber to keep it up. really looks like who ever was welding the bracket on to the back box has it in the wrong place. got it from meadens so cant ask them to sort it lol

gazjones

yes it was only place i found an fr petrol in red with under 2k on clock for under 10k yes meadens of sway 5 hour drive 30 mins there 4 back lol seemed like a good dealer was darren who i got the car off

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
looks like we have the same mate

mine was a 2005 fr 20vt in yellow with about 2k on the clock for £9999 from meadenns

takes me an hour each way but worth it for the customer service and above all they treat your car with care and respect

when they service it they put covers on the front wings so as not to scratch it ect, then they wash it and clean the oil spillage from the engine block when they remove the oil filter.....top job IMO...:clap:

gazjones

i must say it was a good dealer and would love that standard of service at mine but i think they are to busy really went today but wouldnt look at it cos they are just gonna take pictures! mechanics said they would look at it and try and fit it properly but service guy said needs pics taking to grant the work!

gazjones

when i was fitting my milltek when losenening the bolts on the oem sleave the exhaust straigthend out so seat obviously fitted it wrong thats good int it they cant even line an exhuast up and dealers would have been able to do this in 2 mins!!!! ow well no need to worry now its GONE!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.