Bent subframe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cookie1.0

Hello baught an arosa a few weeks ago light front end damage and had all repairs done, went to get the tracking done the other day and turns out the front subframe is bent causing the front passenger wheel to sit just over an inch further backwards than normal:(
anyone recomend were i can get hold of another one an is it oin to be hard to replace?

grotmeister

Feb 23, 2007
I've got a spare subframe off a mk1, not that difficult to replace either, you just need a fair amount of space to work under the car

cookie1.0

I've got a spare subframe off a mk1, not that difficult to replace either, you just need a fair amount of space to work under the car

i have a mk2 arosa but i think they kept the chassis, brakes and suspention the sameas the mk1 could you confirm this please?

grotmeister

Feb 23, 2007
i think you are right but can't confirm perhaps someone else on the forum might be able to. are you sure its the subframe that's bent and not the wishbone, the subframe is a fairly sturdy bit of metalwork!

cookie1.0

i think you are right but can't confirm perhaps someone else on the forum might be able to. are you sure its the subframe that's bent and not the wishbone, the subframe is a fairly sturdy bit of metalwork!

yh its defo the subframe becuase it has had 2 new driveshafts and 2 new wishbones the subframe has a huge dent in it to.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.