Best Bit/Worst Bit

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Interesting to hear what you guys think is the best thing and worst thing about your New Leon, for me:

Best thing: Smooth effortless acceleration :)

Worst thing: Speakers (they drive me nuts) :(

TDI PEP

LEON MKII FR TDi
Apr 22, 2002
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Visit site
I like the handling and quiet motorway cruising compared to my MK1.
Didn't like the rear view mirror dropping of its mounting after only one day of ownership....hope nothing else falls off.

shafton red

Aceleration, blue tooth, handling with the 18" alloys... for a start!

Bad things... rattle on dashboard, reverse light failing every now and again (short wire) and the MPG seems to be a lot less than the cupra 05.. might be because its new?

Overall i love it!!

ArchieWinter

Best thing for me is the stearing wheel...it gives you good feed-back and the car goes round corners like you're on rails. I had a '53 LCR and I have to say I love my TDI just as much.

Worst thing for me was the speakers! So much so, I got rid of them! I think the worst thing now has to be that there is no power outlet in the boot, that sucks.

scoobysnax

Apr 29, 2003
Macclesfield
Visit site
I'm a fickle nedry geek who knows sod all about the finer points of cars, so
Good
1. The way that the bluetooth effortlessly works with my phone
2. The "hidden" rear door handle. Fools everyone, then they smile when I show 'em

Bad?
1. The lack of mp3 ID3 info on the HUD on the dash! Sloppy, seat really sloppy.
2. The position of the front cup-holder. Useless for cups of coffee.
3. The position of the ICE volume/on-off knob. Too easy to knock off the ICE when changing gears for right-hand drive.
4. The position of the TP button. For right-hand drive cars who want to interrupt a traffic bulletin, it's all the way over there. Both these issues are fine for left-hand drive cars :-(

Carnivor

Jul 7, 2006
In my LeonFR 2.0 TDI
Best bits : Its the fastest car ive ever owned, posing with the hidden rear door handles, how comfy the seats are,

Worst bit: The dash rattle, rear drivers side tweeter rattle, The occasional rocking at traffic lights. only 1 lighter socket,

ALT54

Dec 9, 2004
Best Bit: My Leon FR is on order :D
Worst Bit: It won't be here until November. :cry:

mikejsing

best; performance of my TFSI, worst; view out the passanger side when turning right at a T junction!

MartH

Jul 18, 2006
Cullompton, Devon
Best bits;
Exterior styling including rear door handles.
Steering wheel and seats.
Everytime you change in to second gear and cant help but boot it....Yipee!
The grip:D

Worst bits;
Dash rattle - Hmm me thinks ill be working on that soon.
Gear knob - is it just me? or is it horrible? - changing it as soon as.
The TP button - who put it there?

TDI PEP just noticed you have changed your gear knob. Which one have you fitted and what do you think??

Last edited:

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Carnivor

Only 1 lighter socket? I have 2, havent you got one in the back?:shrug:

Rob

MartH

Jul 18, 2006
Cullompton, Devon
Dont know it if its true but was told that you get two sockets if you dont have a spare wheel. Because the lead on the compressor is not long engough to reach the rear tyres. I have a spare wheel and only have one socket!:confused:

Carnivor

Jul 7, 2006
In my LeonFR 2.0 TDI
Carnivor

Only 1 lighter socket? I have 2, havent you got one in the back?:shrug:

Rob

i dont have a socket here

26.jpg

nor do i have one in the bootspace. only one i have is imbetween the front seats, by the mirror controller

:( :( :( :( :( :(

soz, quick edit to get the pic on here

papdog

None of the 07MY cars coming through seem to have the 2 12V sockets. No idea why though...

Graham

TDI PEP

LEON MKII FR TDi
Apr 22, 2002
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Visit site
MARTH I have the SEAT sport carbon/alloy one that I took out of my LCR. I was going to leave it in but when I got hold of the one in the new car it felt so skinny so I got dealer to take my old one off the LCR.
I haven't got round to fitting it but it feels alot chunkier and looks nice in the car.

Richard S

Best bit - handling, cheap fun
Worst - Crap stereo, radio reception is rubbish and speakers poor.

soapysoap

have had the car since June now and have just completed acouple of longish trips, the latest was this morning in which I did 380 miles on quiet sunday morning roads. So Heres my best and worst bits.

Best bits.
Styling
Engine performance
Fuel economy
Seats

Worst bits (only niggles)
Handbrake position not changed over for right hand drive. This means if you put bootles in the cuop holders your arm rests on them and handbrake feels too close
No arm rest
Cup holder under stereo(ashtray). can't fit coke bottle in without wedging against stereo
dash rattles
Cd player doesn't give full mp3 tag

Like I say the major boxes are all ticked and overall very very happy

Soapy