Best colour for the Ibiza?

Sonicboom

Dec 3, 2019
Just a thought I had the other day. Some cars look really great in certain colours. Seems to make a lot of difference to some models. Such as the new Mini even Fiat 5oo's

So a little poll or show of hands for the best all round colour? I made a bit of a mistake when I got my Ibiza 1;5 evo in midnight black, a very old VW colour I am told. It is a very nice glossy black when clean. The buzz word here being clean. I never realised how hard a black car is to keep clean. It shows every bit of dirt with pride. lol! Even in the summer when the roads are dry it gets covered in vey fine brown dust.

I did see an Ibiza a couple of days ago in I think the colour is mystery blue? It looked very smart with the contrasting black trim bits. Also looked far easier to keep clean despite being quite a dark colour. I really did set the car off, by showing off all the creases and lines of the bodywork. The colour is somewhere between royal and navy blue.

So what is your opinion on best colour; and why?

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
White or Silver if resale is important as you get a few hundred more for them at a few years old. White is marginally less trouble than Black, Silver can look cleaner for longer.

Darkish Blues Reds Greens are more for us old people (check out the amount of Rovers in Dark Blue or Burgundy or some form of BRG)

Fashionable colours savage the resale eg Mk5s in Lime Green, maybe the Mk6 in that metallic Orange? Purple or CItrus Yellow on other some brands.

MK5 Ibizas look great in Bright Red or Yellow. (or White or Black)

Last edited:

Sonicboom

Dec 3, 2019
White or Silver if resale is important as you get a few hundred more for them at a few years old. White is marginally less trouble than Black, Silver can look cleaner for longer.

Darkish Blues Reds Greens are more for us old people (check out the amount of Rovers in Dark Blue or Burgundy or some form of BRG)

Fashionable colours savage the resale eg Mk5s in Lime Green, maybe the Mk6 in that metallic Orange? Purple or CItrus Yellow on other some brands.

MK5 Ibizas look great in Bright Red or Yellow. (or White or Black)

Sonicboom

Dec 3, 2019
Interesting. Yes I always thought the Mk 5 Ibiza looked good in White and black. Probably half the reason I got the Mk6 in Black. As the Mk 5 lines really showed in them two colours.

I did have a silver car once. It never showed any dirt. Moondust silver was the shade Ford. However had to make sure Headlights where on in murky winter days. As people tended not to see you coming. It did not help with the sidelights, as they where very dim 5w yellow bulbs. Brighter lights on my Xmas tree lol!

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
IMO the Desire Red is the best, with Mystery Blue coming in second. Both look great although right now I to clean mine...

And yes, sidelights on some cars are absolutely pointless.

Reactions: IanH72
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.