Best diverter valve

jdearden

What is the latest revision diverter valve on offer for the K03 turbo?
A pal of mine has got what could potentially be a leak due to a split diaphragm.

Anyone got a part number of the strongest and latest diverter valve?

As he's running a stage 1 FR petrol with higher boost than normal is it best he went down the FORGE route?

I have no clue on these things so can't help him lol:think:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
There is a spring loaded recirc valve now which replaced the diaphragm valve.

The problem with the "C" valve (with a diaphragm) is that the diaphragm splits.

I would personally replace this valve with the OEM "D" spec valve which is much cheaper than the likes of an aftermarket valve and there is no pissing about required to make it fit - just remove 3 torx screws, remove original, put new one on, replace torx screws.

I just fitted this "D" valve to my Cupra, but I am not sure the same valve is used on the FR. Anyway, the part number for the Cupra is S06H145710D and it costs approx £50. The one that came off was S06H145710C.

I have a Forge Valve for my Cupra based on all the hype about the OEM valve splitting, but it is still sat in its box as I dont see the benefit to fitting it based on having no problems with the OEM valve.

The OEM "D" valve is sure to be reliable with the spring and its cheaper than aftermarket valves. I cant see how the likes of the Forge is going to make the car any faster, safer or more reliable than the OEM valve.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

jdearden

helps a lot thanks mate. Will give him a bell now and let him know.

would a car still under warranty ie no modifications be able to obtain this upgrade on behalf of SEAT if it's diverters diaphragm splits?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Yes, but the problem is that the recirc valve being split does not show on diagnostic equipment unless they take the car out and log boost at which point it will become clear there is a problem between requested and actual.

It would need to be that you go in and say the car is a lot slower and suggest this as being at fault.

Last edited:

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Yes, but the problem is that the recirc valve being split does not show on diagnostic equipment unless they take the car out and log boost at which point it will become clear there is a problem between requested and actual.

It would need to be that you go in and say the car is a lot slower and suggest this as being at fault.

I tried this and was still told there was nothing wrong so changed the valve myself and bingo never looked back. Fell in love with driving again. Kev

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
There shouldnt be an S infront of the parts numbers :)

My diaphram split on my DV, but with the remap turned off, it didnt occur, so the dealer couldnt see anything wrong. I had to buy a replacement DV as there was no alternative at the time.
I had quite a loud hissing which was giving it away though :)

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
djhorace,

Thankyou very much mate as I have now got Stage 1 Bluefin on my Cupra and even though my Diaphram is not split, with the forge DV Spacer fitted, under heavy acceleration you can hear/feel some boost escaping as the diaphram lifts slightly and the boost escapes through the holes in the DV spacer.

lesinge2k

Feb 18, 2009
Uttoxeter
I would personally replace this valve with the OEM "D" spec valve which is much cheaper than the likes of an aftermarket valve and there is no pissing about required to make it fit - just remove 3 torx screws, remove original, put new one on, replace torx screws.

I have had a look in my engine bay and one of the torx screws (the furthest back) looks like there is another valve or something in the way. Did you have to remove this first, or did you manage to squeeze the screwdriver in?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I have had a look in my engine bay and one of the torx screws (the furthest back) looks like there is another valve or something in the way. Did you have to remove this first, or did you manage to squeeze the screwdriver in?

You running an FR or a Cupra?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
There should be nothing in the way. Let me check mine again to see :)

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Must admit whilst nosing around under my bonnet today, it did look like access the the third (back torx screw) was hindered by another part.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.