Best dump valve for fr tfsi on experience

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
got the itg fitted today, was a nice enough day so thought id get out for an hour and get it sorted. it really is simple with he instructions. my dads also one of those people who has every tool ever made, so it was easy enough. i have to say, everything was really easy, the only part that required any effort was putting the two rubber bungs from the engine cover onto the itg plate, after that it was all done in about 20 mins. i also changed my quickshift while i was in there, back to the shortest setting again, half way just felt too far

Jan 15, 2009
Kent
got the itg fitted today, was a nice enough day so thought id get out for an hour and get it sorted. it really is simple with he instructions. my dads also one of those people who has every tool ever made, so it was easy enough. i have to say, everything was really easy, the only part that required any effort was putting the two rubber bungs from the engine cover onto the itg plate, after that it was all done in about 20 mins. i also changed my quickshift while i was in there, back to the shortest setting again, half way just felt too far

Glad you posted this, I've just ordered my ITG from Awesome, it should be with me Friday, glad to hear its easy to fit! Do you have to oil the filter? Also hows the sound?

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
yeah you have to oil the filter, the instructions for doing it are on the fitting instructions so thats wasy too, just spay on the oil from the can supplied then massage it into the filter, leave for 30mins for vapours to absorb, then fit to the silicone hose. im just waitin for the filter to dry out then ill be sticking that on and going for a test drive. i rally wouldnt worry though, im honestly hopeless with cas and it was just a case on following the instructions to the letter, not difficult at all

kezFR07

now with ko4 power
Jun 15, 2008
yorkshire
Yeah tidy mate thanks for that that's give me confidence! So u went direct then Adam haha thought u might !

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
seriously, it sounds amazin. it really feels a lot stronger much further up the revs than the carbonio/kn setup. no problems around the 5000-6000rpm range thankfully, was worried it might bring on the fuel cut but seems great so far. and thats officially as far as im going power wise for the forseeable future!

kezFR07

now with ko4 power
Jun 15, 2008
yorkshire
seriously, it sounds amazin. it really feels a lot stronger much further up the revs than the carbonio/kn setup. no problems around the 5000-6000rpm range thankfully, was worried it might bring on the fuel cut but seems great so far. and thats officially as far as im going power wise for the forseeable future!

Il be ordering at the end of the month like, can't wait. How much bhp u got now then?

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
no idea to be honest. ill be getting rr'd in the near future to find out though, id hope its around 265-270 with superchips stage 2, the full milltek and now the itg, if superchips really does give 260 for stage 2- but who knows? it certainly feels a little quicker with the itg than without. someone else on here with stage 2 superchips made around 250 though on a dyno, but id hope it'll make a good bit more then that, otherwise i'll be out a lot more cash when i end up switching to another tuner

LeonFR07DSG

Aug 15, 2008
Hertfordshire

you had your car rolling roaded mate? id like to go stage 2 eventually... whats your projected bhp?

LeonFR07DSG

Aug 15, 2008
Hertfordshire
no idea to be honest. ill be getting rr'd in the near future to find out though, id hope its around 265-270 with superchips stage 2, the full milltek and now the itg, if superchips really does give 260 for stage 2- but who knows? it certainly feels a little quicker with the itg than without. someone else on here with stage 2 superchips made around 250 though on a dyno, but id hope it'll make a good bit more then that, otherwise i'll be out a lot more cash when i end up switching to another tuner

sorry mate you posted that as i posted mine!

EDIT: btw are you on the stock fuel pump?

Last edited:

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
yeah stock fuel pump, was getting ready to buy the autotech internals if teh itg led to the fuel cut, but thankfully it hasnt (yet) so dont think ill be needing it. even if i get it now, the superchips map for stage 2+ apparently doesnt increase the power much at all, it just makes the pump run smooth, so to get any real benifits id have to go revo etc, which will be about 800 extra, just for another 15-20bhp. when ive already got stage 2, that much for 15 more seems like a waste, at the minute id rather spend the money on springs, a walk kit, then maybe a nice set of lightweight alloys. although i have to say, i really fancy the idea of a k04 conversion, but thats another 2000 or so. see how the saving goes i suppose, ill need the autotech internals for the turbo conversion anyway...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members