Best Front Wiper Blades

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Morning all!

I used to have Valeo Silencio VM420 wipers on my Mk2 and thought they were top.

Please could you tell me what the best wiper blades you've found for the Mk3 are?

Thanks!

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Thanks everyone - Bosch it is! I got one for my rear window and it's brilliant, so I'm sure I'll be happy with it!

One question...

Mine are definitely 26 / 16 (5 door 5F hatch) - should I be buying the AP16U / AP26U, or the A350S?

They look like they have the same clips but I can't work out why they have different codes.

Ta

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Thanks everyone - Bosch it is! I got one for my rear window and it's brilliant, so I'm sure I'll be happy with it!

One question...

Mine are definitely 26 / 16 (5 door 5F hatch) - should I be buying the AP16U / AP26U, or the A350S?

They look like they have the same clips but I can't work out why they have different codes.

Ta

I got the A350s set - fits perfect

Reactions: sfmk2.

IbizaNI

Mar 23, 2015
Newtownards, Northern Ireland
I went for Michelin Stealth hybrid blades as all reviews tend to say hybrid blades are stronger than flat blades. They are just so quiet and can barely hear them when they wipe compared to the ones I had on before which were from previous owner, not sure what blades they were and they wipe very well although that's compared to the old worn out ones. Due to the fact they are "hybrid" blades and not the "flat" types, they are bulkier and thus are visible when you aren't using them, doesn't bother me but might annoy others.

On my previous Ibiza I had Bosch aerotwin's and they were very good, so I'd go for them again if necessary as its what the other posters recommend.

Reactions: sfmk2.

salsajoe

Apr 12, 2017
Yorkshire

One question...

Ta
I am pretty sure that the A350s do not come with the various fixings that the APs have in the pack.

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Thanks all.

I Looked at the michelin stealth but like you say, bulky. That was the bit that put me off them really, as I'm so used to my Mk2 where the blades are tucked away!

I need all the attachments, just the right ones for fitting to my Mk3 5 door.

If the 350S's fit perfectly, I'll buy a pair of those.

Thanks again!

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
My Bosch A350s' arrived yesterday and they fit perfectly!

Glad they arrived just in time for the heatwave :rofl:.

Hopefully they'll perform as well as my rear Bosch wiper.:drive1: