Best GPS tracker for our cars

Bucksssss

Mar 13, 2019
Morning all,

I’ve recently purchased a new car and it’s the keyless entry type car (quite easy to steal with the right tech) and I was wondering if anybody has come across any good trackers for their cars?

How good is your GPS/tracker in your car and would you recommend the website please?

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
It comes with a wiring diagram and tells you what wires to splice into, I would never try it haha. I'd definitely recommend an auto electrician to do it.

Think it's £10 to activate the SIM and like £20 for 2 years subscription.

Reactions: bigup

gurpz94

Feb 12, 2019
Following this post, I need to get some more security on my LCR. I'm going to get the Autowatch Ghost installed next month.

My uncle has recommended the Thatcham S5 plus for me, but it's way out of my budget (£708 + £549 for 3 year sub!).. then again he does have an RS7 and I have a LCR :drive1:

@paddy6789 do the 104-Pro's hold up well against local interference? I've heard of criminals using strong magnets to jam the less expensive trackers.

gurpz94

Feb 12, 2019
I can't edit my post, I've had a further look into 104-Pro and it looks like you have to pay for SMS credits..

50 SMS Credits - £ 12.5
100 SMS Credits - £ 20
200 SMS Credits - £ 35
500 SMS Credits - £ 70

I'm not really a fan of these business models, they remind me of Downloadable Content/In-App purchases.. They're never ending. I guess it's better than the above mentioned £549 for 3 years though.

I also see a LOT of speeding notifications that could be used if anything went to court for... someone else driving my car and speeding...:think:

bigup

Mar 25, 2019
Manchester
I can't edit my post, I've had a further look into 104-Pro and it looks like you have to pay for SMS credits..

50 SMS Credits - £ 12.5
100 SMS Credits - £ 20
200 SMS Credits - £ 35
500 SMS Credits - £ 70

I'm not really a fan of these business models, they remind me of Downloadable Content/In-App purchases.. They're never ending. I guess it's better than the above mentioned £549 for 3 years though.

I also see a LOT of speeding notifications that could be used if anything went to court for... someone else driving my car and speeding...:think:

I think you can use a giffgaff sim which may work out cheaper?

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Mine came with a Giffgaff SIM, but the app on my phone notifies me of everything anyway. So I don't need the SMS. The SIM is used just for GPS.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Following this post, I need to get some more security on my LCR. I'm going to get the Autowatch Ghost installed next month.

My uncle has recommended the Thatcham S5 plus for me, but it's way out of my budget (£708 + £549 for 3 year sub!).. then again he does have an RS7 and I have a LCR :drive1:

@paddy6789 do the 104-Pro's hold up well against local interference? I've heard of criminals using strong magnets to jam the less expensive trackers.
I honestly don't know about the interference - something I'd be interested in testing!

I also have a Progressive Parts key pouch to prevent key cloning and signal amplification.

...not that I'm paranoid or anything.

I was looking into the Pandora car alarm but holding off for now.

bigup

Mar 25, 2019
Manchester
I honestly don't know about the interference - something I'd be interested in testing!

I also have a Progressive Parts key pouch to prevent key cloning and signal amplification.

...not that I'm paranoid or anything.

I was looking into the Pandora car alarm but holding off for now.

Hey mate

How do you find the sensitivity of the unit? Did you find you needed to use the external antennae?

bigup

Mar 25, 2019
Manchester
Thanks mate. Going to get one

Just have to work out where to install it lol (probably not best discussing this on an open forum) :)

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
The wires have plenty of length so can literally go anywhere - and it's designed for internal or external use. So you can get creative.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise