Best H7 headlight bulbs?

Double B

Creepin'
Nov 28, 2011
Nottingham
Ive been using Mtec Super whites for over a year on both my cars but one has blown so i fancy seeing if anyone has any other options on good range and nice blue colour, thanks :)

Cmac7008

if your looking for better visability i agree with Tarek and ddc, the osram nightbreakers are brilliant, such a clear brightness. but if it is for the HID effect i would stick with the MTEC's.

I have just fitted HID's and i cant believe how i have driven with out having them sooner. Amazing, worth every pennie!

Cmac

sniperftw

Yeah HIDS are ridiculous, now THEY have clear crisp light!

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
Yep. I have 6000Ks in my dipped beam and fog lights and they are great. I had one in my high beam (main beam) but removed it due to the fact that it needs to be warmed up before you can use it efficiently. That sucks when you're trying to flash someone, for instance, in order to pass through.

Yatesey8527

Mar 11, 2010
Gloucester
I'd have to agree with the osram nightbreaker bulbs.Had them before I upgraded to 6000k HID's.
Don't think I'd go back to standard bulbs after HID's though if I'm honest.

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
i have the mtec cosmo blue.
for visability they have nothing on the nightbreakers for ring 120%! both great bulbs ive found! but they lack the look of the mtec.

you can get H7R HIDs, im going to order some sooner or later.

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
I'd have to agree with the osram nightbreaker bulbs.Had them before I upgraded to 6000k HID's.
Don't think I'd go back to standard bulbs after HID's though if I'm honest.

That's definitely true. That's why I kept the HIDs in the low beam and fog lights but installed Nightbreakers in the high beam and Osram Cool Blue Intense in the sidelights; receiving MTEC LED sidelights tomorrow, though, so can't beat that! Hopefully they'll work without any errors. They're from hids-direct.

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
The best bulb out there is, believe it or not is:

Halfords 'extreme brilliance' bulb

Available on a B.O.G.O.F deal too

Far better than the osram nightbreakers.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
The best bulb out there is, believe it or not is:

Halfords 'extreme brilliance' bulb

Available on a B.O.G.O.F deal too

Far better than the osram nightbreakers.

I didn't think the BOGOF was still on? If it is i'll be going to get some H1 bulbs for my main beam! I had the extreme brilliance in my h7 before and they were very close to the nightbreakers.

Craig01988

Aug 27, 2010
Are the mtecs road legal, sure I've read somewhere there not and in one case left a yellowish mark on the headlight lense?

Tempted by the night breakers but also been looking at the Phillips xtreme bulbs as an option, are they worth the extra?

Double B

Creepin'
Nov 28, 2011
Nottingham
The HID's are a future thing when i have some spare money kicking around, il probably just get another set of mtecs, ive had no problems with them until one went dead on me :L

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
Are the mtecs road legal, sure I've read somewhere there not and in one case left a yellowish mark on the headlight lense?

Tempted by the night breakers but also been looking at the Phillips xtreme bulbs as an option, are they worth the extra?

Not sure about the MTECs, but I can tell you the Nightbreakers are 100% road legal and safe to use.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees

55W MTECs are road legal, they also will not melt the plastic on your headlight.

The 100W MTECs are not road legal and may overheat your headlight.

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
Well, I might be going back to halogen bulbs in both my dipped beam and fog lights soon. Ever since we elected a new president, the police force has been strong in the country and there are many traffic police officers around, almost every where, and I keep getting stopped because of the HIDs and the black tint. I removed the tint but not the HIDs yet, which is why they took away my license and I'll have to go to the station and pay a fee to get it back.

I'll see if I can add "HIDs" to the license as though it came standard with the car but if not then I'll have to go back to halogens. I might just go for Osram Nightbreaker Plus in both dipped beam and fog lights since I already have it in the high beam and it's awesome, and I also have Osram Cool Intense sidelight bulbs which match the Nightbreakers color exactly.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members