Best looking Custom exhaust tips - Show me yours!

CupraBenny

May 18, 2014
Currently booked in to get a custom back section of exhaust on my ST280.

In my opinion twin exits either side suit the ST well - Not sure what is the best size exit? Thinking 3.5"?

If you have any suggestions or photos of your own exhausts show me them here please!

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Currently booked in to get a custom back section of exhaust on my ST280.

In my opinion twin exits either side suit the ST well - Not sure what is the best size exit? Thinking 3.5"?

If you have any suggestions or photos of your own exhausts show me them here please!

76-80mm. 76mm was the biggest that would fit according to BCS due to the rear diffuser on the 280/290 ST being smaller than the 5 door...

View attachment 1881 View attachment 1884 View attachment 1886 View attachment 1887 View attachment 1888 View attachment 1889 View attachment 1890

However with a smaller gap between them you could probably fit 80mm.

Last edited:

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
@Deano j1971 I'm pretty sure you've got a great looking exhaust on your ST

First of all, thanks for the compliment Walshy on my exhaust tips,but since having the dual Akrapovic ones I’ve changed to single outlets on the car due to a new cat back system. The dual tips came in at a total of 152mm wide for each side, the max I think you can go on each side of the ST300 is 160mm with out having to do anything to the diffuser. I think the black single ones that I have now with the car de-badged give it that stealth look.
IMG_0160.JPG
IMG_0162.JPG
with dual tips.

New cat back system.....
IMG_0121.JPG
IMG_0123.JPG
IMG_0124.JPG
IMG_0122.JPG

CupraBenny

May 18, 2014

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
@Deano j1971 thanks for posting! Both styles of tips look great! Really like the Akrapovic style! Don't suppose you still have them lying around?

What width are your current tips? I've also seen these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-UNIV...258762?hash=item3f9943374a:g:yf0AAOSw6jNazozK on ebay and think they look good, but they are only 100mm wide and wouldn't want them to look lost in the diffuser?

Perhaps a single round exit won't look good?

I do still have the tips.... but they are still welded to the old cat back system for my St300
IMG_0116.JPG
IMG_0119.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
@Deano j1971 thanks for posting! Both styles of tips look great! Really like the Akrapovic style! Don't suppose you still have them lying around?

What width are your current tips? I've also seen these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-UNIV...258762?hash=item3f9943374a:g:yf0AAOSw6jNazozK on ebay and think they look good, but they are only 100mm wide and wouldn't want them to look lost in the diffuser?

Perhaps a single round exit won't look good?
I'll dig up the photoshops I did a while back.

Although bare in mind it was on my car with the bodycoloured bumper and painted diffuser.

Personally thought 90mm single exit looked bang on. 100mm was a bit big.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Here you go, you can compare how accurate my photo shops are against the real thing above for the first photo:

76mm Twin Black -What I went for above.
76mm Twin Black.jpg

76mm Twin Polished:
76mm Twin Polished.jpg

80mm Twin Polished:
80mm Twin Polished.jpg

80mm Single Polished:
80mm Single Polished.jpg

90mm Single Polished:
90mm Single Polished.jpg

100mm Singe Polished:
100mm Single Polished.jpg

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I'm a big fan of the single 90mm polished ones
The only 'but' is I knew my exhaust would have no back box to see through the gap in the diffuser. If the new system is going to have 2 back boxes like the standard system. With a single 90mm tip, you are likely to see around the edge of the tip to a big silver back box through the gap left in the diffuser.

So its worth considering the design of the system too.

Last edited:
Reactions: walshy

CupraBenny

May 18, 2014
The only 'but' is I knew my exhaust would have no back box to see through the gap in the diffuser. If the new system is going to have 2 back boxes like the standard system. With a single 90mm tip, you are likely to see around the edge of the tip to a big silver back box through the gap left in the diffuser.

So its worth considering the design of the system too.

I've ended up going with the 90mm (full diameter is 100mm including the carbon fibre shroud) single Akrapovic style exit - my new system which is going on this Wednesday will be the same as yours in that there will be no back box to see. Hopefully it looks as good as your photoshop says it will!

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I've ended up going with the 90mm (full diameter is 100mm including the carbon fibre shroud) single Akrapovic style exit - my new system which is going on this Wednesday will be the same as yours in that there will be no back box to see. Hopefully it looks as good as your photoshop says it will!
Make sure to post photos!!

CupraBenny

May 18, 2014
Well the exhaust is now done! Very pleased with the results!
Went for 3.5" Akrapovix style carbon tips in the end and I'm very pleased with how they look and turned out!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise