Best mods for a mk1 leon fr?

mickyushleonfr

May 17, 2015
Hi
I have owned my mk1 fr now for a couple of weeks and I love it. It has full service history and has been well looked after, also with 90k on a 55 plate. I am going to spend around 2-2.5k getting to the standard i want. I want the cupra r alloys along with the front bumper but was just wondering what the best mods to do engine wise are?

thanks.

mickyushleonfr

May 17, 2015
Sorry its the diesel, pd150. Is there any mods you would do before a remap? Ive been told to do the likes of fmic and exhaust

jackoni

Sep 1, 2012
Newtownards NI
It shouldnt be super loud unless you go with no backbox and a straight pipe...also being an FR150 you may already have a seat sport front mount which does the job fine :)

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Just bear in mind that the new MOT Regs say that if you have removed any emissions item the it will be classed a fail - ie. remove a backbox or CAT

Dee Wright

May 21, 2015
NORTHERN IRELAND
Nice set of coilivers too! Maybe a cupra r steering wheel? I have one in mine and it looks the part! Let me know what sort of bhp you get from your remap when you get sorted as i have the same car and wouldnt mind knowing the output after!

Last edited:

mickyushleonfr

May 17, 2015
Yeah im wanting lowered 30mm or so but still want some comfort, im looking into a stage 2 possibly but i will let you know. I have a holiday coming up then once im back im going to start a build thread. Like i say around i have around 2.5k to spend on it so keep a look out !

Last edited:

mickyushleonfr

May 17, 2015
Quick question for you all .. i no some diesels will kick out black smoke on boost but i feel as if mine kicks out a lot more than it should ... or am i just bieng paranoid lol

Dee Wright

May 21, 2015
NORTHERN IRELAND
For me micky its only if im going quite hard to be honest...other than that its not heavy, do get the odd bit but nothing serious. Keep an eye on your oil level over the next couple of weeks for some piece of mind.

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
Have a look for a readers rides by uncle fester ( if he did one ) . He had a derv with decat etc and remap. That kicked out some serious smoke on a hard drive . I should know after claying / polishing my car then driving down to amd on a rolling road day. Mine was covered in black crap by the time we got there from following him .

mickyushleonfr

May 17, 2015
Ok cheers my mate suggested i may have a split boost pipe or something which might cause it to smoke a bit more? Even when i am just pottering about as soon as the turbo kicks in its puff a bit black smoke

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.