Best Mods to improve the handling ?

webwysard

Nov 15, 2011
North West
As title really, please list the modifications you have done to achive a much better handling ?

Please tell me the brand name as well.

Thanks

Al

Aug 29, 2005
And it has been discussed to death about 4587 times too :lol:

A good set of coilovers will work wonders. Ignore those who harp on about uprating ARB's unless you plan on doing track days.

TomReis

Feb 1, 2012
Advanced driving lessons??! ... Not kidding either... The car handles much better with a but more talent!

Last edited:

webwysard

Nov 15, 2011
North West
Do you want to make this a sticky?? As soooo many people ask this question and I will be one of them at some point too!!!!

Yes that would be benificial to most of us.

And it has been discussed to death about 4587 times too :lol:

A good set of coilovers will work wonders. Ignore those who harp on about uprating ARB's unless you plan on doing track days.

In my limited knowledge coilovers and springs work same way but with springs the height can't be altered. Is it a must to have the tracking done after coilovers or springs ?

Advanced driving lessons??!

I'm already looking into this.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Coilovers are designed to work together (dampers and springs) - that is the main benefit of them over spring and shock combo's.

As long as you don't use the coilovers to dump the car on its arse at the lowest setting to achieve an accepted look by similar minded people to be scene at pointless shows where cars are polished to within an inch of their life, have incorrect sized badly fitted wheels with tyres that are too small, you will have a car that handles better.

Typically, the more you spend on coilovers, the better they will be. I had Eibach Coilovers on my first MK2 LC and it was ace. The KW V3's on the current one are even better.

Oh, and decent tyres are the best handling mod of all ;)

Last edited:

webwysard

Nov 15, 2011
North West
Coilovers are designed to work together (dampers and springs) - that is the main benefit of them over spring and shock combo's.

As long as you don't use the coilovers to dump the car on its arse at the lowest setting to achieve an accepted look by similar minded people to be scene at pointless shows where cars are polished to within an inch of their life, have incorrect sized badly fitted wheels with tyres that are too small, you will have a car that handles better.

Typically, the more you spend on coilovers, the better they will be. I had Eibach Coilovers on my first MK2 LC and it was ace. The KW V3's on the current one are even better.

Thats more like it. Thanks

Not doing this for the car to look better but handles well.

Al, whats the best place to source these KW's ? and do they have a life span ? and as I asked in the previous post does the car need tracking after these ?. Thanks

Last edited:

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.

Brutally honest as always dude, love it! :) Good advice tho!;)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise