Best option for Leon FR CR. Remap or chip?

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
Does the ECU need to be removed and sent away? I heard REVO do this because of a security update on the latest ECUs fitted to 2010 leon

TheStaffmeister

It's removed but mine was done whilst I waited. I wouldn't let anyone send it away.

smesko

Is anybody have problem with clutch or something? Because i remaped my seat leon FR TDI 170hp a month ago to 201hp and 403Nm and i have big problems.

With about 900miles i done in chiped mode now i have problems with clutch. When i have in 4th, 5th or 6th gear and i kick the gas pedal between 1900rpm and 2000rpm the something like the clutch is sliding but the rpm are not growing.

Can someone help me where is the problem? The car is almost new and have only 9000 miles.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

TheStaffmeister

I had mine remapped with 500ish miles on the clock and I'm now at 9500. I've had no such issues with mine although mine will wheel spin in the lower revs but mine his mapped to a higher bhp and torque.

It might be worth going back to the tuner and seeing if they can sort it.

erminio

Jul 26, 2006
Is anybody have problem with clutch or something? Because i remaped my seat leon FR TDI 170hp a month ago to 201hp and 403Nm and i have big problems.

With about 900miles i done in chiped mode now i have problems with clutch. When i have in 4th, 5th or 6th gear and i kick the gas pedal between 1900rpm and 2000rpm the something like the clutch is sliding but the rpm are not growing.

Can someone help me where is the problem? The car is almost new and have only 9000 miles.

Thanks

You should not have such problems with a car as new as yours.

When the torque come into abruptly (not perfectly remapped) it can destroy the cluch but not in such a short time.

I have 95k on the clock now without any problem (209bhp/450nm).

My advise is to let it remapped it to original and go back to the car dealer for warranty.

Grtz. Erminio

smesko

Yes that sorprise me too, why in this short time the clutch have this problem... I called the tunner and she said that he will first see and then we will decide what to do.

Anyway, thanks :)

kris_tdi

Mar 26, 2007
I had mine remapped with 500ish miles on the clock and I'm now at 9500. I've had no such issues with mine although mine will wheel spin in the lower revs but mine his mapped to a higher bhp and torque.

It might be worth going back to the tuner and seeing if they can sort it.

TBH mine does this and its standard so i wouldnt worry, mind u im not convinced with the standard Pirellis.

Thom1983

Hi all, I've just got my FR and thinking of chipping it or getting a remap. I use the car for work and do about 30k per year so need it to be relaible and at least as good on fuel - any ideas/suggestions??

Cheers,

Thom

erminio

Jul 26, 2006
I have a new Seat Leon FR TDI with the 2,0 TDI CR engine.
Also mounted a Milltek end silencer, Eiback springs, Nacional brakes, Ferrodo pads, side-skirts, sunroof, 18" black iberia wheels and offcourse a custom chip.

The result of the custom chip;
54vo13.jpg

1zn322o.jpg

2v0ihw3.jpg

xksjef.jpg

Playing on a abandoned industrial area :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmF0slpTvRc&feature

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise