Best option for parking sensors

Shepo08

Nov 15, 2016
Surrey
Hi guys, hope some one can help me out a little please. I currently have seat leon fr 2010 but with out the parking sensors, I would really like to have them on my car as I have had them on my previous cars and really helped when parking or turning in difficult places and I don't want to damage the back end of my car by been silly and bumping into somthing haha so could some one please tell me the best way about getting some sensors fitted I have done a little research and seen you can get camera sensors, sensors that go behind the bumper and sensors that are drilled In to the bumper, what is the best option for this ? Thanks shepo08

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
I paid £120 for a set to be fitted into the bumper on my old astra estate guy did a neat job and looked pretty much OEM.

I'm not a big fan of cameras tbh the other half has a reversing camera on her car... it's fine and came stock with the car but I much prefer sensors or nothing.

GhulamAfzal11

Feb 14, 2017
Wakefield
I found this article online I think it may be of use its from ebay:

Types of parking sensors:

Parking sensors are found in two categories. One falls under the Ultrasonic System and the other, Electromagnetic System like the Parking Dynamics PD1.

- Ultrasonic sensors: Here the 3, 4 or 6 sensors send out an ultrasonic wave that detects the presence of any obstruction in the car’s proximity. The nearer it gets to the obstacle the faster it is able to send the signal back to the control unit.

To alert the driver of the detected object and its position, a circuit is made to send a signal through an audible device. Using a number of ugly sensors mounted in the cars bumper, be it 3, 4 or even 6 this type of sensor requires continuos maintence to achieve optimum operation.

- Electromagnetic Sensors: This type of sensor unlike the Ultrasonic System create an electromagnetic field around the front or rear of the vehicle even onto the sides of the vehicle. The system detects all objects within 3 feet of the bumper and start to signal instantly via a series of clear and different audible tones that alert the driver of approaching obstacles.

The electromagnetic sensors are maintenance free and require no bumper holes to be drilled unlike the ultrasonic sensor type.

Find out more about the Parking Dynamics PD1 Parking Reverse Sensor

Electromagnetic Sensor Unique Design:

Ultrasonic sensors are found mostly on basic to mid range vehicles, but a few elite manufacturers have now moved over to the electromagnetic type due to its 'invisible when fitted' design that allows you to keep the new factory look of your bumper and car. This shift is now starting to happen in the retail sector as this unique design enables value to remain in vehicles.

While fitting the ultrasonic sensors you are required to drill holes in the bumper of the car, the Electromagnetic ones are simply placed behind car’s bumper. The entire electromagnetic system comprises an adhesive antenna tape, an electronic unit, acoustic speaker and simple wiring kit making installation a doddle.

Once fitted, this no holes (no-drill) parking sensor sends out a clear signal to the driver as soon as any object falls into the magnetic field created within its proximity protecting your vehicle at all sides and front and back.

The advantages of no holes car parking sensor:

The Electromagnetic parking sensors are designed to provide protection to your car, while keeping the orginal aesthetics totally intact. The sensors are installed so that they remain completely invisible to the naked eye.

Whats more, as they can are placed behind the car’s bumper without any drilling, these sensors are compatible with all cars, vehicles, motor homes, etc. Unlike its the ultrasonic type of sensor, the Electromagnetic sensors are simple to install. While the ultrasonic type requires wiring, painting of the sensor and wiring behind the bumper, the electro magnetic type of sensors is completely free of those issues.

The Electromagnetic no holes car parking sensor has proved to be extremely suitable for cars and other vehicles while parking and reversing with a massive reduction in bumps, bangs, expensive collions and as a result insurance claims.

As they are installed on the inner side of your bumper and invisible from external exposure, they have a minimal chance of suffering any damage from external forces and a replacement antenna tape costs less than 1 ultrasonic sensor.

In addition to alerting the driver of cars within its proximity they also detect children, the elderly, walls and a myriad of other obstructions behind the vehicle. They are also now becoming well respected for their 100% efficiency in all weather conditions and their compatibility with all modern wiring systems.

Hope that helps pal :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.