best polish for slight scratch

brian-raith1

Apr 17, 2008
been out washing the leon today gutted noticed very light scratch on rear door looks like it should polish out mettalic so looking for some advice on best product to cut it out with not too harsh on paintwork. good advice appreciated from detailer

Daffy

Detail Wizard
May 29, 2007
Best bet by hand will be Megs Scratch X but be prepared for some elbow work.

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
i use a 3M hand glaze. then go over with a auto glym super resin. don't go near halfords tbh, i'd go to a distributor who deals with car dealers as well as private sale. i have another scratch filling compound which is made by some italian company and can;t remember the name off the top of my head. it works a treat.

May 13, 2007
i use quixx scratch remover have got some prety deep marks out with it
Quixx20blue.jpg

Daffy

Detail Wizard
May 29, 2007
Megs 82 and 83 are designed for use by machine. As such by hand you will struggle to break down the abrasives and could end up with the same results as using T Cut which has non diminishing abrasives. By all means use the above just dont go on and on. Scratch X is for use by hand.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Quick question on Scratch X.

I find that with my dark coloured cars, it works fine and I get lasting results. However, on my arctic grey car, I find that although the car is polished and waxed (NXT) over the top, the scratches 're-appear' after washing.....

(I've got a megs machine so I shouldn't really be using Scratch-X anyway.....)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.