Best road(s) you’ve driven your MK3?

Jackson

Sep 30, 2019
Hi all

I’ve just come back from taking my 290 down to the Amalfi Coast. Cupra driving mode on the mountain roads was a hell of a lot of fun! I switched to PS4’s before the trip and so glad I did. The car felt so planted in the corners and with the countless u-bends, hearing the exhaust pop and bang on the downshifts against the mountain edge was amazing. The car just seemed to feel at ease at the limit. I mean there were a couple of twitchy/squeaky bum moments but never felt like I wasn’t in control of the car.

Now there’s a few thousand miles on the car the exhaust has definitely got louder. And the Agip 97/98 fuel had some very loud bangs going! I’m sure I’ve read people using other European fuel and noticing the same?

So was just curious as to the best roads you’ve all taken your MK3’s? Would definitely recommend Italy with the twisty mountain roads, lots of tunnels and beautiful scenery!

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
Hi all

I’ve just come back from taking my 290 down to the Amalfi Coast. Cupra driving mode on the mountain roads was a hell of a lot of fun! I switched to PS4’s before the trip and so glad I did. The car felt so planted in the corners and with the countless u-bends, hearing the exhaust pop and bang on the downshifts against the mountain edge was amazing. The car just seemed to feel at ease at the limit. I mean there were a couple of twitchy/squeaky bum moments but never felt like I wasn’t in control of the car.

Now there’s a few thousand miles on the car the exhaust has definitely got louder. And the Agip 97/98 fuel had some very loud bangs going! I’m sure I’ve read people using other European fuel and noticing the same?

So was just curious as to the best roads you’ve all taken your MK3’s? Would definitely recommend Italy with the twisty mountain roads, lots of tunnels and beautiful scenery!
You lucky sod. I'd love to drive my Cupra in Italy, but the freight is a bit much. But a days hire of a Ferrari is on for the next trip.
So far, my best drives have been SH 29 over the Kaimai Range, SH2 over the Rimutaka Range in the wet, and next month we're heading to Auckland from Tauranga through the Waikato back roads to get the car serviced.

Deleted member 103408

Best roads I have driven are Bedford, Blyton Park and Cadwell Park track circuits, this means you can enjoy the car legally with no issues on speed or how you use the car, few pics to show how much fun you can have:
Corner_2.jpg

1.jpg

Screenshot 2019-02-16 at 19.25.28.png

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
You lucky sod. I'd love to drive my Cupra in Italy, but the freight is a bit much. But a days hire of a Ferrari is on for the next trip.
So far, my best drives have been SH 29 over the Kaimai Range, SH2 over the Rimutaka Range in the wet, and next month we're heading to Auckland from Tauranga through the Waikato back roads to get the car serviced.
I wish my trip to get the car serviced sounded so exiting.
Unfortunately it’s the M6 to get mine serviced. Lol
No extravagant roads as previous replies but the A44 from the A483 towards Aberystwyth in wales is a stunning road.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Military road on holiday in Isle of Wight for me personally. Great road if there’s no traffic.

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
I wish my trip to get the car serviced sounded so exiting.
Unfortunately it’s the M6 to get mine serviced. Lol
No extravagant roads as previous replies but the A44 from the A483 towards Aberystwyth in wales is a stunning road.
My wife wanting a shopping trip with her mate in Auckland also influenced the trip. But I did want to take it to SEAT not the local service agent.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.