Best Stereo for Leon dash

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
I like the Becker LEE, a nice OEM look to it, are they still available as I think I remember seeing yours before and researching it, only to find it was discontinued and very expensive from German eBay?

Is that the case, or am I thinking of another unit?

Also, which model is yours again please?

Cheers

Traffic pro mine is some on ebay now around the £200 mark

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
the becker stereo's are in a class of their own to be fair,

to the unsuspecting thief they just look like a bog OEM stereo, Not realising that the stereo itself for actual sound quality walks over most other makes,

+3 for the becker, i just wish i could get one to save my cd changer :(

Leon2012

Jan 24, 2012
Traffic pro mine is some on ebay now around the £200 mark

Cheers Lee, I'll have to get one of these. I'm just wondering about the sound quality compared to the standard "SEAT" CD player? Is it a noticable difference? Do you also use the Sat Nav on your Becker, and is that reliable/easy to use?

Last edited:

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
Becker is about 10 times better than standard Seat unit... the two don't compare.

Not much point in upgrading though if you are not going to do speakers as well, and even better an amp.

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
... Not much point in upgrading though if you are not going to do speakers as well ....
FWIW, there used to be an SCN member who ran his own ICE business - and he reckoned the standard LCR speakers were good quality, so not worth changing if only upgrading the headunit.

I kept the OEM speakers when I upgraded to an Alpine and the speakers sound even better, and can 'cope'. (I'm also a hyper anal hi-fi saddo.)

YMMV.

Brettyboy

Jan 21, 2012
Exeter,Devon
FWIW, there used to be an SCN member who ran his own ICE business - and he reckoned the standard LCR speakers were good quality, so not worth changing if only upgrading the headunit.

I kept the OEM speakers when I upgraded to an Alpine and the speakers sound even better, and can 'cope'. (I'm also a hyper anal hi-fi saddo.)

YMMV.

I agree too,i'm very impressed with the std stereo,cd changer & speakers sound quality

micallef

Dec 30, 2011
I like the tape player. Can't get a new one or I wouldn't be able to play my scatman John tape

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
are not the standard Lcr speakers or any leon Bose speakers? they were an upgrade on the Audi range as an option when i was looking into the S3 the same speakers come with the leon standard from what i read.

d3m0niTe

LCR 225
Jun 21, 2010
Bromley, Kent
I’ve read/heard that when upgrading to an aftermarket stereo, the power to the signal booster in the aerial is lost and therefore radio signal is atrocious from then onwards.

How would I fix this? Looking to upgrade my headunit myself but I listen to the radio quite a lot and don’t want to lose my good signal.

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
I too ran the standard speakers for a while with the Becker. They were good.

But then I wanted more and £200 speakers with proper mounting and a sound deadened door is a significant improvement.

Adding an amp, again, gets you and audiable set-up in performance.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise