best tdi mods

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
anyone able to give some of the best tdi mods? Ive got an egr delete but that's about it on my PD130 im also looking at getting the uprated SMIC from darkside as I like my fogs too much :p

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
What's wrong with the PD150 front mount or S3 front mount? both still allow you to retain the fog lights :p

Have seen on TDI Club a few people change the PD130 inlet manifold for the PD150 inlet, haven't seen any actual figures but it's supposed to allow a little more air flow?

Have the back box removed, make a cold air feed, clean up the intake as much as possible, 2.5" downpipe, big turbo/hybrid, uprated intercooler pipwork, injectors etc. and more!

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Best mod for a diesel?

Remap and an egr delete in conjunction with a good service and decent quality fuel.

The manifolds on the 130 and 150 are the same.

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
yeah ive got the egr delete but was just wondering what you do with the hoses you take off? just tie them up somewhere?

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Best mod for a diesel?

Remap and an egr delete in conjunction with a good service and decent quality fuel.

The manifolds on the 130 and 150 are the same.

Yeh and the rest lol

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=248917

yeah ive got the egr delete but was just wondering what you do with the hoses you take off? just tie them up somewhere?

There's these diagrams but not sure how much use they are to you, you'll have that all in one box thing for your vacuum?

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=290286&highlight=vacuum+diagrams

Also you're a bit away from needing an uprated IC but seeing as you are getting one you better go get the turbo and injectors off the PD150 too and then the map :D

Apr 13, 2011
hull
I wouldn't bother with injectors due to the pd130 and 150 are the same well same flow rate any a pd150 or 160 hybrid turbo would be a modd to do with uprated front mount intercooler custom mapp and I improved boost hoses or hard pipeing kit would see u over the 200bhp mark

People saying about egr delete from what I have seen and tested it don't actully make any diffrance to performance at all all it does is put a shiny pipe on your engine. So in my opinion it's not require at I'd spend your money on an uprated dog bone mount over an egr delete

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
sorry being a bit of a noob, so the vac lines on the egr I can just pull them off and block them when its deleted?

If can remember right when you put the egr delete on, you will get the check engine light in your car, you have to get the fault mapped out. Not 100% sure on this as it a few year since I done mine.

Apr 13, 2011
hull
My cupra tdi started slipping after stage 1 remap and it had only done 18k miles.
Having the clutch done, then ended up with me putting hybrid pd160 turbo on and other mods then my car ran 224bhp and 360lbs/ft on rs tunings dyno.

Omg that's bad that mines been fine and its still solid pulling well

Aprat from the stupid boost leaks I have to keep sorting.
Will be glad to get all the pipes finally replaced lol only now to find out the seat sport intercooler is leaking also :(
Ill blame it on the stage one remap hahhHa

p888uld

Jun 18, 2010
NW
sorry being a bit of a noob, so the vac lines on the egr I can just pull them off and block them when its deleted?

You only need to unscrew the bolts enought to slide the blanking plate in, then your sweet arnt you or will you get fault codes? I use one on my 110 and there is more torque low down, no fault codes either.

Last edited:

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
You can get a Milltek downpipe/decat for £170ish on ebay, it's 2.5" though so would need welding to your current system or you can get the full Milltek for £550-£600.