Best wax / polish for Platinum Grey

Si_P

Just a quick one really, what is the best wax / polish or combination for Platinum Grey, and where can I get it from?

I've tried Megs Nxt tech wax and though it was pretty good but not great!!

Your thoughts would be great

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
I used Megs NXT on my plat Ibiza. I found NXT topped with XXX Hardcore wax or if your a member or DW the DW wetwetwet wax was always a good combo. The NXT is good but needs topped with something for better durability.

Ju.

Oct 4, 2004
Bradford
I use megs nxt on mine but then I top it off with carplan nanomeric paint sealant, looks the muts nuts!!!

mattfinn

Have you tried the Meg's 3 step system?? I have done my Pug, my old mans plat A4 TDi, and the results were amazing!
Takes a while, and the 3 cost £25, but worth it!
Step 1 - paint cleaner
Step 2 - polish
Step 3 - carnuba wax!

Si_P

I have and it does look good when it's all done... Was just wondering what other people used to get it looking good

Balf2k

Jul 5, 2006
South East Kent
DSCF0233-1.jpg

DSCF0264.jpg

Harly Wax is what I use and it is Amazing!
These pics are before and after using the wax.

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
That Harly wax does make a difference looking at those pics.
Your front bumper almost looks Orange, and the rest of the car has got depth to it.
:D

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
megs waxes (bar the pro #16) are all fairly low on durability.

For the lighter coloured cars, a polish and sealant combo will have far more effect. Put a carn' wax on tends to mute any metallic falk pop.

Hence the Pinnacle Advanced finishing polish and then the wolfgang deep gloss sealant. We did top that with a wax, but the Collinite is an insulator wax, and thus gives a very different look to a normal carn' wax.

Si_P

Well I've ordered some so will have a go at the weekend.

Any tips Balf2k? Did you just wash your car and then apply it or anything a bit more special?

Balf2k

Jul 5, 2006
South East Kent
I washed and dried the car then polished it with Autoglym super resin polish, then applied the Harly Wax - it goes on so easily, its like butter, I started from the roof and left the wax until the whole car was coated before buffing it off. Took a while but well worth the end results :D

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
DSCN0406.jpg

DSCN0418.jpg

28092006286.jpg

01102006294.jpg

Jeffs Workstatt and Acrylic works well for me - not the easiest of applications but gives a lovely finish and as has been mentioned above doesn't mask the flake effect in the paint. Give a shine that is equal to any wax / polish i've used before. For the winter i've put a few layers of carnauba based wax on top of the sealant.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members