Best way to get cold air feed to filter in LCR? (updated)

Craigus

Black LCR 225
Right guys, I need to know the best way to mount and get a cold air feed to my jetex filter in my LCR? Can I see your ideas and ways? I was thinking of getting a enclosed one like the forge one, but I don't think the feed is worth it. The set up on the LCR's I think starves the engine abit, as other turbocharged cars like the focus st and the astra vxr, both seem to scoop the air better, in better volumes, seats design is abit poor, and there must be a better way to get some air too it.

Cheers craig

Last edited:

dg-1984

May 28, 2008
Glasgow'ish
Yeah I know what your saying doesn't seem to scoop a lot of air.
I have not changed the intake much, just removed the original and put in 3" ducting but it just goes down by the battery and sits behind passenger headlight where the original sort of sat.
Get creative and look for areas to run ducting if you want to improve it, could run the ducting down behind the grill, but watch it doesn't suck up lots of water if you hit a big puddle for example.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Do a search for "scoop", and possibly "final frontier". It's been discussed an awful lot over the years.

I would look at one of those R32 DSG air feeds and a scoop, myself.

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
Best place to scoop the air from would probably be the "S" badge or the vents either side as they're not too low as to cause problems sucking in water. Not sure how best to mount a scoop there - maybe a custom scoop would be required?

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
iv got my BMC induction kit with a 3" flexi tube that goes directly to the front grill next to the S badge. i removed the standard box that shoots the air across,then shaped and fed the pipe through to the grill as i feel a direct feed would be better. and it is! i can hear more of a sucking noise which must be good lol.

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
iv got my BMC induction kit with a 3" flexi tube that goes directly to the front grill next to the S badge. i removed the standard box that shoots the air across,then shaped and fed the pipe through to the grill as i feel a direct feed would be better. and it is! i can hear more of a sucking noise which must be good lol.

Got any photos of your setup?

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
heres mine
P6130006.jpg

P6140002.jpg

JamJay

California Bound
Well this is my plan. As the Neuspeed kit is for an Audi TT, the secondary airpump plug on the heat shield is not in use on the Leon so I want to try and stick and extra airfeed there from the grille. It's only about 1.5" but should help a little more.

Neuspeed-1.jpg

Last edited:

Craigus

Black LCR 225
I had a play about with the 3" feed i had tonight and im gunna go down the route below, i just tried a quick dry fit with some gaffa tape, but im gunna make a shaped piece out of wood then fiberglass to the correct scoop shape, and fill and paint, so it looks the part....

100_0503.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.