Bi-xenon bulb replacement

Gazza_24

Sep 4, 2009
Guys I'm hoping someone can help me out here :confused:

I have to replace one of my bulbs, ended up buying a pair and will replace both at the same time.

However, I have removed the 4 torx screws from the cover and flipped the locking switch to remove the bulb but cannot disconnect the plug from the bulb.

Can anyone advise how this comes off please, I don't want to break anything :cry:

Thanks.

Gaz...

andrew9116

Jan 27, 2015
Herefordshire
Had to replace mine the other week.

It was just the case of manoeuvre the bulb out once you've undone the locking switch (it does come out with a bit of fiddling round) and then pull the plug connector out.

There was no locking clip or anything on the plug.

Gazza_24

Sep 4, 2009
Cheers Andrew,

I managed to change them this morning, the plug in the passenger side was being a bit stubborn to remove, so I tried the driver side which was a doddle, all fitted back in and auto levelling is working fine, just need it to get dark now so I can see how much better they are.

Out of curiosity which bulbs did you go for?

andrew9116

Jan 27, 2015
Herefordshire
That's good then. I was a little like you when I didn't know if you could just pull them out or not.
Just went for it in the end with fingers crossed haha.

I went for the OSRAM Cool Blue Intense 5000K.

These are so much better in the dark over the standard bulbs, dipped beam is about the same but on full the difference is massive and so much better in the dark and rain.

What did you go for?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members