Bi xenon retrofit

karakus

Dec 25, 2015
Hi, im about to buy a pair of bi xenon headlights (part number 1P2 941 040). Ive read some old posts and i know i need a 10 pin to 14 pin adapter and code with vcds but i was wondering what else i should know. They are the pre fl ones so they dont have cornering lights but im sure they have auto levelling. Also if anyone has done this before and had any problems. Or what to look out for as i am going to collect them.

Thanks in advance

markrich

Sep 16, 2012
Stoke
if they are genuine seat ones you will never get them work, plus for mot you need head light washers or it will not pass

karakus

Dec 25, 2015
Why wont they work? Is it not worth the hassle to make them work because ive seem people on different posts do it before

markrich

Sep 16, 2012
Stoke
Other cars don't seem be much of a problem mk2 Leon F/l is, wiring is all wrong, not just Afew wires either then the headlight washers I went down the same route and give up plus I have good friends who work at vw and seat ps when they go wrong they cost **** loads to put right ask Dan Marshall

nathndwot

Jun 14, 2015
The law states for mot, if you have auto levelling or headlight washers they have to function, you do not need headlight washers for mot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Euan1P

Mar 8, 2016
Edinburgh
The law states for mot, if you have auto levelling or headlight washers they have to function, you do not need headlight washers for mot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is correct, it's all in the wording, if you live in Ireland though the wording is different and they state that they must be fitted

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.