Big turbo for the dervs

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
This has probably been done to it's death, but me and the search button are enemies. It hates me and I hate it.

Is it true that the "big turbos" for the dervs are PD150 housings with upgraded internals? Or is it a whole new turbo?

Who's best to get a big turbo conversion done with? And can the big turbo run on the remap i have now? Say if i were to get one company to fit the turbo and one company to do the remap, could i drive from one place to another with just the upgraded turbo and no remap?

The reason is P-Torque are claiming high figures on big turbo remaps for reasonable price.

Any help is appreciated. I'm based in Somerset. Got in touch with a few companies but it seems none of them want my money as they havent got back to me.

How much would this cost to get done? I've got the clutch, FMIC, exhaust etc done already. So just the turbo really now....

strugers1

i have just sent off mu turbo to p-torque
jabba do a hybrid
rs tuning do one too
and yes they just uprate the internals of the pd 150/160 turbo
hope this helps
and i have been told that if i wante to wait a few months after the turbo is fitted before i get the BT mapped in that would be fine

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
i have just sent off mu turbo to p-torque
jabba do a hybrid
rs tuning do one too
and yes they just uprate the internals of the pd 150/160 turbo
hope this helps
and i have been told that if i wante to wait a few months after the turbo is fitted before i get the BT mapped in that would be fine

So if I can get a PD150 turbo then i'd be laughing cos it'd be cheaper than the whole turbo obviously?

I've not heard particularly good things about Jabba. JBS are meant to be better. RS tuning is a fair way for me but I'd always travel if I knew a good job was gonna be done.

And that's good that I could get the turbo done, then save up a bit before the remap. :D

strugers1

i cant fault jabba at all, they worked on my leon 130 and its been ace ever since!!
a couple of people on here have had hybrids one by jabba and as far as i know they have had no problems
but like i say i have sent mine to p-torque and i hope for some good results

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
i cant fault jabba at all, they worked on my leon 130 and its been ace ever since!!
a couple of people on here have had hybrids one by jabba and as far as i know they have had no problems

You'll get good results :)

I have the turbo in the workshop. Will hopefully be all done 1st week of Jan ;)

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset

Yeh - P-torque have claimed 250bhp from the 130 PD's. Which sounds good to me as my mates that have the 130PD big tubro'd are "only" pushing 230/240ish bhp :D

You'll get good results :)

I have the turbo in the workshop. Will hopefully be all done 1st week of Jan ;)

How much is your big turbo remapping? How do you work it out then? Do you need the car or just the turbo?

strugers1

mr will spooner said to me that if i send the turbo to them they can keep it on the shelf after its been hybrided until i can get up there to get it fitted mapped on the same day to save postage cost.
plus they said if i get it one the same time he will work something out for me (maybe it will be free) lol

strugers1

who knows lol
but p-torque in general have been very good to talk too via email, fast replies and always willing to help
i get a week off in feb so i hope to get it all done then really

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
who knows lol
but p-torque in general have been very good to talk too via email, fast replies and always willing to help
i get a week off in feb so i hope to get it all done then really

February sounds good......enough time to steal a few cars and sell them to get the money! :lol:

Yeh P-torque have always been really helpful. I was enquiring about a custom remap with them but when i found out i had 186bhp on standard turbo, i figured they couldnt get much more out of it so may aswell just go for the real deal. Clutch is done, fmic is done, exhaust is done so all should be ok.

Is it just a case of swapping the turbo over? Or is there more involved?

strugers1

to be honest i not over sure but i have same mods as you fmic zorst cai etc but i think they just take your standard turbo off put the new one on change oil and filter map it and go i think lol
i guess thats why i paying them to do it cos ill mess it up lol
i am inpressed with your figures actually there very good car looks good too mate

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
to be honest i not over sure but i have same mods as you fmic zorst cai etc but i think they just take your standard turbo off put the new one on change oil and filter map it and go i think lol
i guess thats why i paying them to do it cos ill mess it up lol
i am inpressed with your figures actually there very good car looks good too mate

I think it is just a straight swap.

Can Will back us up?

Thanks for the comments on me car! :D (click the sig pic to look at my thread ;))

I wonder if Will supplies the turbos too. If not i wanna start looking into finding a turbo and getting it uprated soon.

T. Spark

The PD150/PD160 is a direct swop, comes with manifold so no problems there.

250bhp + how much torque? Also what 'clutch' kit do you have? As with 250bhp id expect 400lb.ft which alot of clutch kits that people get are only good for 360lb.ft (aka usual remap torques)

Also what intercooler do you have? Have you ran intake temp logs? Be good to see another BT TDi on here, we will be taking over this place soon :D

However whatever power you get, 220-250bhp is the norm. for the TD2.

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Can all this be done without FMIC upgrades to a PD150 Leon Mk1 ?
How much is the full Turbo/remap combination costing ?
How much can you get on the open market for a youngish, attractive wife and 2 kids should I need to sell them ?

strugers1

250bhp + how much torque? Also what 'clutch' kit do you have? As with 250bhp id expect 400lb.ft which alot of clutch kits that people get are only good for 360lb.ft (aka usual remap torques)

Also what intercooler do you have? Have you ran intake temp logs? Be good to see another BT TDi on here, we will be taking over this place soon :D

However whatever power you get, 220-250bhp is the norm. for the TD2.[/QUOT

i am not expecting 250 bhp to be honest but 220ish would be nice
i have the sachs uprated clutch i spoke to jabba sport and they said my clucth is goo for 410lb ft torque which is nice

strugers1

ok mr i got the biggest turbo lol
no oner you got shed loads of grunt

T. Spark

How much can you get on the open market for a youngish, attractive wife and 2 kids should I need to sell them ?

Haha, the PD150 has a a FMIC as standard I believe, so you would just need your turbo going hybrid and then a map, ask a few tuning companies, but if you arent fitting it yourself, £1,500ish

i have the sachs uprated clutch i spoke to jabba sport and they said my clucth is goo for 410lb ft torque which is nice

You have your head screwed on then right, I wouldnt expect 250bhp from it personally, no matter who quotes what. All depends on the engine, fmic, exhaust etc. Your clutch will handle it well then :)

my turbo is not pd150 based. Pretty sure it's off a V6 with uprated gubbins and put onto a 1.9 manifold. Nice turbo though. :D

Hybrid V6 turbo was something I was looking into, before I got mine, however got told it would stand on a standard manifold? I was told they are good for 300bhp also, so would be tempted in the future.

strugers1

i am looking forward to getting it done along with my arbs in january
after being taken in maz fr i was so inpressed.....

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset

However whatever power you get, 220-250bhp is the norm. for the TD2.

You'll have to have a word with nice Mr Will at P-torque about that. I personally don't care about bhp, it's torque that's top priority for me! :D

And don't ask about the clutch. Basically I had the clutch done at TSR performance in Bridgwater (no one use them unless you're on drugs and have a lot of money to burn unneccessarily). They put in the Helix kit in but with a SMF. (Which i didnt ask for and wasn't quoted for). As you know Sparky the SMF's rattle like a bitch in the dervs and at the time, I didnt have the power to justify having it so asked them to put the DMF back in. They said it wasn't that simple as i'd have to get a clutch "custom made to work with a DMF". To cut a very long bullshitting story short, I think in the end I got a Sachs clutch. I'd want the DMF replacing cos it's obviously weaker than it should be (knowing TSR it's probably not the DMF that came out of my car).

I have the Forge front mount intercooler atm but I'm seriously thinking about the SEAT Sport one very soon anyway so that's not gonna be a problem....

Yeh hopefully BT will come soon! I'm planning on meeting with Tall-Paul and sooty22 in the new year, meet up all together like so I'm gonna feel pretty left out with stock turbo while they leave me in smoke. :lol:

The 150's have a FMIC as standard ;)

And i've just split up with my girlfriend of 2 years, I'm 20. So if your wife is not that old I'd swap her for my standard turbo?

Hope mine is similar ratings to yours!

Haha, the PD150 has a a FMIC as standard I believe, so you would just need your turbo going hybrid and then a map, ask a few tuning companies, but if you arent fitting it yourself, £1,500ish

How hard is it to fit it yourself?