Big turbo for the dervs

Dec 5, 2007
Kilmarnock, Ayrshire
well i'm looking to hybrid with at least 220bhp - not for a few months though as i have other mods to do before i can hybrid. So it's not nessesarry but gives confidence - allowing to put the power down quicker? ( i'm a noob :) )

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
well i'm looking to hybrid with at least 220bhp - not for a few months though as i have other mods to do before i can hybrid. So it's not nessesarry but gives confidence - allowing to put the power down quicker? ( i'm a noob :) )

Pretty much. Don't think that if you have a DMF you can't use the power, because you can. But with the SMF you can abuse the power more. If that makes sense?

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Mostly the noise as i don`t believe a well tuned diesel car doesn`t need/has to be noisy and belch smoke to be powerful quiet the opposite if it is well tuned. SMF will also tend to vibrate more and doesn`t do the gearbox mechanism any good plus the transfer box in my case. I went SMF on my car when my last clutch died which was good for 400lb torque and DMF was still in good condition with no free play when removed and had no choice but to go SMF if i wanted a stronger clutch as no company i know of makes a 600lb clutch that fits a DMF.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members