Biodiesel

siwel

Apr 20, 2006
Hi all,

I've got 2006 Leon 2L TDi sport and I was wondering about the possibility of running it on biodiesel, I wonder if anyone has any comments/suggestions about this or have already tried etc.

I know that inside the filler cap it says biodiesel not allowed but if you look in the owners manual I remember it saying biodiesel is ok as long as you inform the dealer as it requires that the fuel filter needs to be changed at more of the service intervals.

Cheers.

Boblester40

First you need to find a source of good biodiesel, if you get it it will run as good if not better than normal, proper bio diesel has to go through a catalyst to convert some elements in it to run clean, filterd old cooking oil will work but can be dirty and cause all sorts of problems and is still quite high taxed as the emissions are still high.

Regards
bob

siwel

Apr 20, 2006
Hi bob,

Thanks for the reply, I was thinking of running with proper biodiesel rather than just cooking oil. This is really just a fact finding mission, what is the difference in emissions, difference in price, difference in power/mpg, any longer term problems etc.

ktron

Humm...on the fuel flap on my FR TDi its says something like 'do not use with Bio-Diesel', not sure why thou??

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Hi all,

I've got 2006 Leon 2L TDi sport and I was wondering about the possibility of running it on biodiesel, I wonder if anyone has any comments/suggestions about this or have already tried etc.

I know that inside the filler cap it says biodiesel not allowed but if you look in the owners manual I remember it saying biodiesel is ok as long as you inform the dealer as it requires that the fuel filter needs to be changed at more of the service intervals.

Cheers.

The fuel flap tells you that you should't - believe it is related to the injector design - but time may change when VW have long term data

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members