Bird dropping hell!

YorkshirePud

Apr 1, 2017
Merseyside
Morning all two posts from me this morning, both car care related and both linked. First up i wanted to pass on some experience from dealing with the dreaded bird droppings. Since i changed cars I've been doing my best to keep it in good condition, i even bought some autoglym bird dropping wipes (which i highly recommended). long post alert too sorry!

sadly despite my vigilance yesterday it appears a squadron sized flock of birds decided to decimate my car bonnet, it was quite warm and directly sunny yesterday as well and it was hours before i noticed. Despite wiping the poo off with the wipes i was gutted to see it had left etching on the surface. I honestly thought "what's the point ill never fix that!"

but after getting in from work i spent a quick 10 mins seeing if i could fix it. A week earlier it had received a good shampooing and cleaning and i had started using the left over diamondbrite converser i got with my focus. I thought this stuff was snake oil but it did work. I remembered seeing on the label it could be used for removing scratches and tar etc if used neat. Well with nothing to loose i gave it a go.

And honestly? bugger me it worked! With very little effort too! once i had got it how i wanted i quickly wiped it off and buffed over it with some autoglym rapid detailer and its like nowt ever happened. So i have to apologise to Diamondbrite. it is not snake oil if used correctly. But also if you have a similar problem any decent mildly abrasive restorative should sort out the bird dropping etching. check some of the photos for a before and after.

before:
IMG_20170531_165148766_HDR_zpsg2p3vfc0.jpg

after:
IMG_20170531_203621559_HDR_zpsdzhutlx2.jpg

before:
IMG_20170531_201430063_HDR_zpszxjlh6pk.jpg

after:
IMG_20170531_203611203_HDR_zpsqbmnlotu.jpg