Black Leon FR Progress- Hybrid turbo in! page 7 for pics.

JayFR150

Fresh & Clean
Jul 20, 2008
Near Gatwick
hey my names jason, bought my seat in july 08, insurance limited my choices so i went for the Leon because they are +modable compared to most hatches, im 19 and i live in Reigate and this is whats been done so far...

Exterior
.Debadged
.Carbon S badge
.Silvertec bulbs + diadem
.Stumpy ariel
.LCR splitter
.Front areo wipers
.White sidelights
.Lens protectors
.Black mirror covers
.AMD stickers
.6000k HID kit
.Dark tinted windows
.Fabia rear wiper
.LED rear number plate lights
.Rear Carbon S badge

Interior
.Sony headunit
.CD changer gone
.Black centre console
.Mk2 FR gear knob
.Vibe Kevlar Door speakers
.Sub + amp
.Recaro MK4 Golf GTi seats
.FR mats

Engine
.Pipercross panel filter
.Smoothed air box
.AmD Stage 1 Remap
.Hybrid turbo
.Miltek full exhaust system
.SfS red pipes and hoses

Chassis
.16mm rear spacers
.10mm front spacers
.18" R32 wheels
.Weitec Ultra GT Kit 50mm drop
.Brembo 326mm big brake upgrade
.4x Kumho tyres

Coming soon
.Sach clutch
.Quaife ATB diff
.Boost guage
.Installing my SfS pipes

FUTURE MODS
.Cams
.FMIC

this is the leon D when i bought it, plus the lcr splitter that i took off my mg zr.
phonepics018.jpg

August 09
dadscampics015-1.jpg

Latest
pombear084.jpg

Last edited:

JayFR150

Fresh & Clean
Jul 20, 2008
Near Gatwick
next up was a few little things i bought on ebay, like the stubby ariel, aero wiper blades and some lens protectors. Put the lens things on but after abit of heavy braking i came home to discover one of the protectors had disappeared.

i decided the aura cd player had to go as it wasnt powering my new vibe kevlar door speakers well enough. had to find one that looked original, found this sony one and the red lights on it matched very well.
HPIM3476.jpg

bought some vinyl c/f and stuck and cut it to the front badge
HPIM3461.jpg

Decided the silver mirrors had to go and needed a good clean
cars006.jpg

picture of my car and some mates
p010.jpg

Last edited:

JayFR150

Fresh & Clean
Jul 20, 2008
Near Gatwick
Took me ages to decide on what to do next as im on a budget, so i went for a new carbon fibre bonnet. Unfortunatly i won it so cheap at £290 that the seller made up some bull and never sent it.
i thought id take the car to AmD and get it lowered. i bought some wietec shocks which feel much better than the oem suspension. Not as much drop as i hoped but good enough

Before

cars008.jpg

After and with the new audi 18" wheels i bought at amd
HPIM3467.jpg

JayFR150

Fresh & Clean
Jul 20, 2008
Near Gatwick
Original wheels Versus New wheels
HPIM3466.jpg

Love the look of the new wheels but im considering having them painted grey

I couldnt get them all put on because as i was putting them on i realised that one of the wheels had the wrong stud pattern, the other 3 where fine
HPIM3469.jpg

So now ive gotta drive all the way back to AmD which isn't just down the road from Reigate.

JayFR150

Fresh & Clean
Jul 20, 2008
Near Gatwick
insurance a killer? in all fairness though the leon is much cheaper than my previous car which was an mg zr 160, i was payin 3k, this year with the FR im payin a third of that

devonfr150

Oct 1, 2008
Exeter!
insurance a killer? in all fairness though the leon is much cheaper than my previous car which was an mg zr 160, i was payin 3k, this year with the FR im payin a third of that

Of course insurance is a killer im 19 lol whatever I have the insurance will bend me over, but its not as bad as My Starlet Gt turbo was this ones better on fuel too lol :p

JayFR150

Fresh & Clean
Jul 20, 2008
Near Gatwick
when i was larking about with the alloys today i discovered that the front caliper have ATE stamped up the side of them, they are standard but didnt realise they would be branded

JayFR150

Fresh & Clean
Jul 20, 2008
Near Gatwick
The engine management light has come on, no difference to the way it drives. The garage i bought it from has gone bust(sidlow) so i cant yell at any one

devonfr150

Oct 1, 2008
Exeter!
The engine management light has come on, no difference to the way it drives. The garage i bought it from has gone bust(sidlow) so i cant yell at any one

Put a post up on here to see If theres anyone with VAGCOM local to you they will be able to read the faults for you, would be alot cheaper than going to a dealership or other garage!

JayFR150

Fresh & Clean
Jul 20, 2008
Near Gatwick
Put a post up on here to see If theres anyone with VAGCOM local to you they will be able to read the faults for you, would be alot cheaper than going to a dealership or other garage!

Yea, i did post thread callin for local people in the gatwick area with vagcom but no ones replied. if no one gets to me ill get Amd to look at it when im down there replacing my wheel

devonfr150

Oct 1, 2008
Exeter!
Yea, i did post thread callin for local people in the gatwick area with vagcom but no ones replied. if no one gets to me ill get Amd to look at it when im down there replacing my wheel

Ask them if they would do it for free due to the mishap with the wheel! see what they say! :whistle:

JayFR150

Fresh & Clean
Jul 20, 2008
Near Gatwick
yea they said " they would look at it", i assume they're doing it for free, dunno when im goin up there though as they still havent rung me back to let me know when the wheel will be in.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.