Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Black out

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by Geraint Thomas, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Geraint Thomas

Geraint Thomas Active Member

I've bought some film to black out the bumper below the lower grille which is simple enough to do. I was going to black out the S grille badge and also the chrome around the grille. What's the best(easiest) way to do it?? I know to remove the grille means that the bumper has to come off. I was thinking of plasti dip maybe. Screenshot_20190911-191240.jpg

2. BigJase88

BigJase88 Jase

I have considered putting my chrome grille black

painting would require a whole lot of prep work, all the chrome would have to come off as you cannot paint over chrome (flakes off / been there)

the other 2 options are vinyl wrap, looking at it myself it has a lot of odd angles and you would have to get a pro to do the job but IMO would give the best result

last option is plasti-dip this is the DIY cheap way. Plasti-dip will do it not a problem but the finish is not the best (textured matt effect) and can eventually chip / peel off. Cheap easy option though

3. Geraint Thomas

Geraint Thomas Active Member

Could be done in situ with a bit of masking I suppose.

4. BigJase88

BigJase88 Jase

You can plast-dip in situ

could wrap in situ if you have the skill too