1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Progressive Parts Rolling Road Day - 17th November 2019 - find out more here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Black out

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by Geraint Thomas, Oct 9, 2019 at 6:55 PM.

1. Geraint Thomas

Geraint Thomas Active Member

I've bought some film to black out the bumper below the lower grille which is simple enough to do. I was going to black out the S grille badge and also the chrome around the grille. What's the best(easiest) way to do it?? I know to remove the grille means that the bumper has to come off. I was thinking of plasti dip maybe. Screenshot_20190911-191240.jpg

2. BigJase88

BigJase88 Jase

I have considered putting my chrome grille black

painting would require a whole lot of prep work, all the chrome would have to come off as you cannot paint over chrome (flakes off / been there)

the other 2 options are vinyl wrap, looking at it myself it has a lot of odd angles and you would have to get a pro to do the job but IMO would give the best result

last option is plasti-dip this is the DIY cheap way. Plasti-dip will do it not a problem but the finish is not the best (textured matt effect) and can eventually chip / peel off. Cheap easy option though

3. Geraint Thomas

Geraint Thomas Active Member

Could be done in situ with a bit of masking I suppose.

4. BigJase88

BigJase88 Jase

You can plast-dip in situ

could wrap in situ if you have the skill too