1. Hi Guest. Booking is now open for our national meet on Sunday 14th July - all SEATs and CUPRAs welcome - we'd love to see you there. - Find out more here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store.

Blind Spot Monitor Issue

Discussion in 'Ateca' started by wesbar, Mar 19, 2019.

1. wesbar

wesbar Full Member

Hi All. Just got my Cupra Ateca last week and all is great apart from the BSM. I have to manually activate it every time I start the ignition in the settings menu. Is this normal? I’d have thought it should remember and stay activated?

Cheers.

2. 'Little' John

'Little' John Full Member

I'm pretty sure mine stays activated.

3. Tell

Tell Full Member

Mine stays active on my 2016 Ateca.

If however you get mud on the rear bumber sides where the radar is placed it will disable blind spot until the mud is removed, you have to toggle back on. Perhaps somehow this has been triggered or the sensitivity needs adjusting. Ive only had that happen once when the rear end got plastered in mud, gave a warning and toggled to off. Unlike front assist that dries out and then continues to work without going into the menu.

4. wesbar

wesbar Full Member

Thanks for the replies. THink mine must be faulty as it keeps randomly deactivating (not every time now) without any warning message. Noticed it also turns the rear assist off too. Will get on to the dealer.

5. wesbar

wesbar Full Member

Had it in the dealer and they cleared all apart from one of the error codes and that seems to have fixed it. Had no issues since yesterday. However it is booked in at a local VW dealer to have the rear radar recallibrated as SEAT don’t have the tool to do it. Aparantly that is the only way to fully clear the error code even though it appears fine now.

Tell likes this.
  6. Tell

Tell Full Member

Thanks for the info. I have seen the test tools online for the front alignment but never the rear.