Blowing boost pipe off?! anyone had this problem?

dan1989

Hi there, just bought a 55 plate cupra r, remapped up to 270ish brake.. and now and again it blows the pipe off between the long alloy pipe from the turbo and the intercooler, it was blowing it clean underneath the standard jubilee clip, so i go a rather agricultural heavy duty mikalor boost clamp, and still managed to blow it off when nailing it. had anyone else had this problem? is it anything to do with higher boost pressure and the standard intercooler being restrictive? and would a front mount help it flow better?:confused:

dan1989

everytime it pops off im cleaning the oil out and making sure its nice and dry before i put it back on?

Taylor c

Apr 16, 2004
Coventry
Is it the pipe at bottom of engine tht is disscussed in this conversation coz i have a problem and will check mine?? also where are u using the locktite exactly?

dentist

Feb 21, 2009
i had this same problem for ages, even pre remap, tried a couple of different clamps but then decided to replace the upper intercooler hoses with forge silicon ones and have never had a problem since.

Worth investing in because i used to get to pissed off the motorway when they use to pop off ( carried an extra long screwdriver with me all the time especially for that clamp!)

dan1989

Nice one, cheers, ill get some ordered, and does upgrading the TIP make much difference other than not collapsing under pressure? haha yeah is a bit annoying carrying a screwdriver around with you all the time..

dentist

Feb 21, 2009
probably adds a few horses, but you can really hear the turbo after youve got one! reccomnded it if you've got a remap.

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
VAG pipes are made of cheese, as are the useless clips holding them together.
I think I've replaced every single pipe by now..

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Replace it with a forge boost hose and can't go wrong, otherwise you run the risk of your turbo over spooling because of the sudden lose of pressure.

Mukkyman

Jul 1, 2007
Mine blew off once, scared the crap outa me, Replaced the hose and got some decent clips from Forges website.

Now looks good and hasnt bothered me since.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
could any get pics or tell me which hoses exactly tht are in question plz

You shouldn't really need a pic, but if you do, do a search in the accessories section for, "charge" and u will see pics.

Its the Large 2ft long pipe on the left hand side of your Engine cover, it has a 90c bend and a big hand printed on it, the pipe that connects to the bottom of this is the one in question on the LCR.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise